• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block heads with casting#2128521

kokxville

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a set laying on my shelf for quit a while now and can't find much information about them.
All i can find is they come from a 1960 413.
Anyone know if they are good heads for building a high performance 440?
Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

John

2128521 73.5cc 2.08 1.6 1960 361/383/413...............They might be worth something to the right guy restoring a car. High performance no. Plus I believe they are 4 bolt valve covers.

Best bang for the buck for a hot street, street/strip, mild bracket race 440, up to about 500hp are Stealth heads.

Depending on how much more than 500hp you’re after, other heads might be a more cost effective option.

Clean up the rockers and rocker stands and sell them separate (and the valve covers). You'll get more for them than you will for the castings and valves.
My two cents.

It depends on what you call 'High Performance'. If you want 450 hp, they are fine.
Pretty sure I measured the port dimensions on those a few years ago & found them to be the same as the #516 heads. You can install the larger 1.74" exh valve as used in later heads along with a throat cut to bring them up to 516 specs.

One should probably call around and get an idea of what it would cost to refurbish & upgrade old iron heads in your area.

In many parts of the country, you can easily spend Stealth money on old heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back