• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

Wow ! glad you are ok ! the car and pop machine can be fixed. That was a close one !

6 years ago, come Christmas, I tore my left bicep muscle off my elbow pushing a soccer Mom out of a snow bank on my way to the restoration shop to check on my Bee. I have about 60% strength back in that arm and currently my right is worse than it, but hopefully that's going to quickly come back to life.

Damn, you're a mess!

Sorry to hear of this. Hope nothing major with the arm.
They say things happen in threes. Seems the trifecta is now past. Here's to the better times ahead!:drinks:

So sorry to hear about what happened. It sucks all the way around, damage to the car, to the soda-pop machine and mostly the damage to you.

My 73 Road Runner with a console automatic (I think the linkage works the same) gave me a fright many years ago. I pulled up in my parents' driveway (it as a steep uphill driveway). In a much practiced move, I put the car in park, shut it down, jumped out of the car, locked the door and dropped the keys in my pocket as I walked away from the car...
... just in time to see it start moving down the driveway! Yikes! I dug the keys out of my pants, unlocked the door to the moving car and slammed my foot on the brakes. I was lucky because if I would have had anything delay me I would not have been in time to stop the car.

In my case, the shifter shaft was worn. There is a bracket with a nylon bushing that bolts to the transmission. Right where the shaft passes through the nylon bushing it was worn (and so was the bushing). This caused the shifter to be sloppy. Maybe this is a place to start checking?

Anyway, I hope all damaged arms, doors and soda machines can be fixed quickly to be as good as new!

Just saw this and sorry to see it, Wayne! As bad as it is, I'm glad it wasn't worse! When bad things happen, I always say things can be much worse. Perspective that comes from over 30 years of emergency services experiences. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Damn, Wayne, that sucks!. Glad you're okay.

Never heard of our old Mopars popping into reverse; I thought that was a Ford thing.

Does your Bird have the interlock linkage connected to the steering column?

Never heard of our old Mopars popping into reverse; I thought that was a Ford thing.

Does your Bird have the interlock linkage connected to the steering column?
Sloppy shifter that always doesn't lock the handle in park unless you slam it in. Guess I didn't shove it hard enough before jumping out quickly to check if the car was in enough. I thought it was just rolling as the park pawl hadn't engaged so tried to stop the car. If I'd know it was in reverse I would have slammed the door and chased it outside. All the interlock does is allow you to take out the key on an automatic.

Sorry, it hurt my heart when I saw the yellow. I knew instantly it was the Bird. Have that arm checked good, you are the important part, and glad you seem to be OK, but you will be bruised for weeks. I'm hoping for a great match on the Birds paint and replacement parts on the soda machine.

Well doesn't that suck?!
Best of luck with the mechanical repairs, you've shown that you have those covered.
Heal up that arm first, that looks like it hurt.

I am happy you still have a arm.
Sorry about pop machine and O yeah the car too :) , the right people can fix that right up.
Keep us updated.

Auto Transport Service
Back