• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brutus at the car show

Cornpatch MO

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Johnny Carson birthplace car show- Corning, Iowa
There were only two catagories in the Mopar class. Before 1992 and 1992 and later. I was very surprised and pleased to win first place. The trophy has a picture of Johnny on it.
We have talked about putting this car up for sale this Fall. It would not be priced at bargain basement , but not high priced either. We would consider offers.............................MO

Corning car show  #2.jpg

How was the show? I saw it listed in the ENWI car club book and thought about going.

Hmmmm. Now that I see your car, were you at the Tarkio, MO show in 2016?

How was the show? I saw it listed in the ENWI car club book and thought about going.

Small world as my wife and I did the Tarkio show a couple times around 2010. My wife was from a town just across the river in NE.

Johnny Carson birthplace car show- Corning, Iowa
There were only two catagories in the Mopar class. Before 1992 and 1992 and later. I was very surprised and pleased to win first place. The trophy has a picture of Johnny on it.
We have talked about putting this car up for sale this Fall. It would not be priced at bargain basement , but not high priced either. We would consider offers.............................MO

View attachment 495328
Congrats they always have such nice shows in that part of the country. Small and friendly. I miss that from the couple years I was in that part of the world. But you can sure have the heat and humidity back there lol. I never could get used to it.

I really need to get a car up and going again.
The wife keeps saying the house comes first and I have to agree with her. Living without solid walls can not last forever.
Nice looking car Corn Patch. Why the need to get rid of it?

The Corning show was good and gets bigger and better each year. The registration cost is $20, but they give a lot of drawing prizes and CASH ! I got a $10 gift certificate from the "PUB" across the street , and used it up right after the show !
Yes I was at Tarkio last year. The Lennox show is in two weeks..........................MO

The Corning show was good and gets bigger and better each year. The registration cost is $20, but they give a lot of drawing prizes and CASH ! I got a $10 gift certificate from the "PUB" across the street , and used it up right after the show !
Yes I was at Tarkio last year. The Lennox show is in two weeks..........................MO
Now that is first place lol cold beer!

I really need to get a car up and going again.
The wife keeps saying the house comes first and I have to agree with her. Living without solid walls can not last forever.
Nice looking car Corn Patch. Why the need to get rid of it?
Not a "need" at all. It is to much car for me , in the physical condition I am in. My eyesight has deteriorated in the past few years, and even in 1/8 mile, the car is faster than I can react to. Sometimes in low light, my wife needs to drive and it intimidates her ! I love this car. It is quiet and quick and drives like a new muscle car.
Wifey wants me to get the 68 Plymouth Roadrunner tribute car done , as it has air cond. and auto trans. ...................................MO

Not a "need" at all. It is to much car for me , in the physical condition I am in. My eyesight has deteriorated in the past few years, and even in 1/8 mile, the car is faster than I can react to. Sometimes in low light, my wife needs to drive and it intimidates her ! I love this car. It is quiet and quick and drives like a new muscle car.
Wifey wants me to get the 68 Plymouth Roadrunner tribute car done , as it has air cond. and auto trans. ...................................MO

Shame to get rid of that car. Why not just adapt to your current needs? Tamer motor, swap in a 727 and some aftermarket ac? Leave the 3rd pedal and put an aftermarket floor shifter in.

Shame to get rid of that car. Why not just adapt to your current needs? Tamer motor, swap in a 727 and some aftermarket ac? Leave the 3rd pedal and put an aftermarket floor shifter in.
Those are what make up the "Soul" of this car---part of what makes it so much fun. I can't afford to do the Plymouth, or to have two cars. Much as I would like to.
IMO , for me, much of the pleasure of having a car like this, is in the planning and building of it. My 68 Plymouth's work -- much will be farmed out. I don't want it to be a 6 year build !............................MO

COOL ! did you have a car there? It was so Dam hot, I didn't get around very much---bad knees...........................MO

Yes. We had the white 69 Coronet R/T and yellow 73 Dart Sport sitting under a tree at about your 10:00. Dam hot is being generous...it was brutal that day.

Those are what make up the "Soul" of this car---part of what makes it so much fun. I can't afford to do the Plymouth, or to have two cars. Much as I would like to.
IMO , for me, much of the pleasure of having a car like this, is in the planning and building of it. My 68 Plymouth's work -- much will be farmed out. I don't want it to be a 6 year build !............................MO

Yeah you're right. I was telling my wife the same thing after I suggested it.

Congrats on the trophy Mo. nice car - well deserved- too bad it's going on the block but I understand your circumstances. Good luck passing it to a new home.

Congrats also from me Mo, on winning such a fine trophy. Your car looks awesome and is a credit to your ability to bring it back to life.
Well done. :thumbsup:

Glad to see a good guy won!! Wish i coulda made it but the whole job thing gets in the way. See ya when the corn comes out or the covered bridges show comes around....which ever comes first...LOL

Corning, IA........I graduated from High School there waaaayyyy back when.....

Gawd.....the stories I could tell about that town and cruising Main St on Saturday nights......spent many a night in the Pub playing foosball and video games. And throwing the Frisbee on the bricks at the bottom of Main next to the railroad tracks.

For Halloween one year, I tied about 3-4 ears on corn on the end of a 20 ft chunk of electric fence wire, tied the wire to the back of my 70 GTX, then went cruising up and down Main St with the ears dragging from my rear bumper.

Ol' Harold(the town cop about three months from retirement) pulled me over and asked me if I knew I had a wire with ears of corn tangled on my rear bumper. I said that Yes, I did know there was a wire with corn tied to it back there. He asked me what the hell was up with that, and I replied that I was out trolling for pigs!!! He shook his head and started laughing...and crawled back in his car and left....:D

I still have an oil painting my Grandmother did of Johnny's birth place in my closet at home.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back