• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bloomsburg show

keepat

Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
My son Kurt’s 68 Bullitt Mustang was invited to theBloomsburg TV and Movie car display put on by Carlisle Events and as I havefamily not far from Bloomsburg PA, my wife and I took Kurt’s car up for theweekend and had a great time! As one of about 25 invited guests we were askedto pick one car out of about 600 for a Celebrity Choice plaque. We were told itwas a coveted award and I thought it was just another car show plaque. Well itis a big deal to the locals as we found out! I have been asked at a few showsto pick a winner and I always look for the best car/owner/story most likely notto win a trophy. This would be the car that looks nice but not a show car, orlooks great but has 4 doors, or a low production, low HP car.

After checking all the car out we started to just focuson the underdog cars and their owners and we picked an original owner 1974Dodge Charger with 66,000 miles and 1 repaint. The owner fell in love withChargers when he saw the movie Bullitt and when he could afford a new car heordered a triple black Charger in the fall of 1973.

Well when we told him we were one of the so called Celebrity’sand we picked his car for the award he was so thrilled as he said he only goesto one show a year and never wins anything. When I put the 2”x 2” CelebrityChoice decal on his windshield that the show uses to confirm the car is a winnereveryone that walked by and saw it stop to congratulated him. That was the bestpart of the trip for me!

Thanks
Pat

That's awesome Pat, Great story and love the way you went about picking the winner. You made that man's day for sure

X2^^^. I love it! Its great that you took into account the back story surrounding the car. Class act sir. Strong work

Glad you could bring your sons car up for our viewing pleasure and Nice pick for sure on the Charger. I seen that car and it was very nice! Good choice as there where many to choose from so i am sure he was Very Happy

Awesome cool story. Thanks for sharing. Ron

Class act! I think the way you picked the winner is great - focus not just on high dollar cars but REAL stories and regular owners. Ultimately, stuff like that will improve car show attendance too!

Nice work!

Auto Transport Service
Back