• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C body to B body drivetrain swap questions

Sublime70

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Just picked up a '66 4 door Chrysler 300 with a 383 and 727 for the purposes of swapping the motor and tranny into my 68 small block Charger. Can anyone think of any problems that I'm not thinking of? I figure it should be straight forward. I understand the small block K frame will work fine with the 383. I already have a pair of the correct mount brackets and I'll have to pick up some headers or the right exhaust manifolds. I assume the 727s in the c bodys are identical to what would be used in the B Bodys (i.e there's no difference in the length of the tail shaft or anything like that?) Also, will the length of the small block Charger driveshaft be fine or will I have a problem here? Any other thoughts on anything that may be a problem doing the swap? Thanks guys.

Need to get driveshaft made for it.get big block radiator.Does the charger have a 8 3/4 rear end in it? if not get one .All big block 727 are the same

I'll have to find a driveshaft place on Long Island to make me one up. Yes, it does have an 8 3/4 rear (currently with 4.10s but I also have a 3.55 ham if the 4.10s end up being too much for me).

Auto Transport Service
Back