• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car insurance rebates and discounts

Most are 15% on 2 months of premiums. $30 at best! Hagerty lowered my policy premium this year by 3%.. $62. Maybe they'll send me some more if I can't drive my classic. It's not them I'd be after, it's my regular vehicles that should be getting a discount and bigger than 15% for not leaving the house.

Most are 15% on 2 months of premiums. $30 at best! Hagerty lowered my policy premium this year by 3%.. $62. Maybe they'll send me some more if I can't drive my classic. It's not them I'd be after, it's my regular vehicles that should be getting a discount and bigger than 15% for not leaving the house.

Agreed, and even if you do leave the house there's a lot less traffic on the road, so there's a way less chance of having an accident, they're making out like Bandits.

I wonder what auto insurance claim numbers look like for the past month compared to year over year.

Will they share the wealth?

Last edited:
Well AAA didn’t do **** for me.

I wonder what auto insurance claim numbers look like for the past month compared to year over year.
Down quite a bit I would image. They were talking on the news this morning that the crime rate is also going down during this ordeal.

Do you have Hagerty for your daily driver?

My company is reimbursing 20%. Not to bad on 2 cars.

Do you have Hagerty for your daily driver?
Hagerty doesn't cover modern cars in Canada.. Classics and Rods only, as they took over the Silver Wheels company we use to have up here. Old cars only..

Liberty is giving me a 15% discount for 2 months. I figure $15 -$20 at best.
I guess it's the thought that counts.

Just renewed my policy 30 days ago so I guess we skunked on this deal. GEICO said for policies renewing from 4/8 to September something. Leaves. Us out in the cold

Got my check today. But it's to cold to play with anything...

All the major insurance companies are giving back a rebate to their policyholders. BUT IT'S A SHAM !! Example: they give back 15% of your premium for April and May. That's 15% of "1/6 th" of your YEARLY premium. Do the math. Mine says it results in 2.5 % rebate of your ENTIRE years premium. If you don't drive for 2months that's about 17%, not 2.5 % !!!

Allstate. Rebate. Hartford. 15%. Trains not running. I’m driving MORE.
Light traffic. Cheap gas. Muscle cars.

GEICO is doing the 15% thing but only for policies that renew on or after April 8 thru Sept. that counts me out. As I understand it the CA Insurance Commissioner is driving companies to give back premiums on some 6 lines of commercial insurance to benefit business. The carriers are pushing back cause they want 3 months worth. Carriers say that’s too much. Exposures are way down but not for all lines. Some lines like w/comp and med mal I think it’s increased.

I got a check from AAA, $59, I consider it chicken ****!

Auto Transport Service
Back