• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle crazy ride home ,b

PeteBell68

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Boys and I drove the Charger down to Carlise took 7 1/2 hours taking our time and multiple fill ups at the 1/4 tank mark because the sender doesn't work in the tank .
We pulled into the Marriot at 6:30 p.m Thursday night only to be happily surprised we were going to park with 5 other canadian Ontario plated cars .
Friday we walked the entire swap meet because I love looking at everyone's parts and junk for sale , didn't buy anything but seriously thought about purchasing a Dana rear end with a friend said he'd take home in his trailer if I wanted .
The friend was a elementary pal I hadn't seen for 28 years who knew I was coming and searched me out .
Saturday we looked at cars , more parts , and everything else .
Unfortunately we missed the track both days .
Carlise was fantastic and was blast .
On the way home we got not one but two flats .
The first flat was the 275/60/15 redline and then the spare on the same spot blew an hour later - the spare was new and hadn't been used ever , probably dry ..
Needless to say 7:45 the flatbed arrived and we ended up at a Goodyear tire Center at 8:45
Where we left the Charger outside overnight till Monday am where the search for a tire was on .Thank god I bought CAA as the flatbed came and could take me and the car but another came and took my boys .
Anyways alls good we made it home the car ran flawlessly everywhere .
Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone from the site always next year ...
Still I'd do it again ..
Love my Charger and the time with my boys was priceless I am blessed they are who they are , my wife has done a great job. .
We're camping now in Algonquin park I'll post all my pictures later the only one I have is camping here .

Last edited:
Heres the camping - new trailer about 6 ft shorter ..

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Just curious if you don’t mind sharing, what was the price on the Dana 60? Wondering what going rate prices are at Carlisle for one of these.

It was $2100.00 . The seller had said it was fully rebuilt and was painted it looked nice .
Didn't look inside which I would have if seriously wanted it .
It was for a 68 B body

It was $2100.00 . The seller had said it was fully rebuilt and was painted it looked nice .
Didn't look inside which I would have if seriously wanted it .
It was for a 68 B body
---------------
Thank you for sharing. For fully rebuilt, if it was, I probably would have carried it out of there on my back. But I want one more than some people. LOL

You might want to change the word "fire" to "tire". Reading that kind of scared me for a second.

That's a nice ride, glad you made it back ok. :thumbsup:

Old bee , parked next to my second Favorite car two days in a row .
68 Bee that was white exterior with a red interior - it was stunning will post the pictures when back in town .

Pete, if you keep looking, a Dana 60 is a piece to have. They are heavy, but they don't break. Good axles, spool (or top quality limited slip) you're good to go. Lots of them around, pickups had a lot of them. Then shorten, good axles, bearing ens to fit which brakes you want. Not as light a a 9" Ford, but still tougher.

sounds like a good time
even with the TIRE issues

---------------
Thank you for sharing. For fully rebuilt, if it was, I probably would have carried it out of there on my back. But I want one more than some people. LOL

I'm thinking about that now maybe should have gotten it .

Pete, if you keep looking, a Dana 60 is a piece to have. They are heavy, but they don't break. Good axles, spool (or top quality limited slip) you're good to go. Lots of them around, pickups had a lot of them. Then shorten, good axles, bearing ens to fit which brakes you want. Not as light a a 9" Ford, but still tougher.

My rear end now is running perfect I'd just really like to have it .

sounds like a good time
even with the TIRE issues

We did have fun , we have a few good shows here in Canada , the best one coming up in August called Moparfest in New Hamburg but wow Carlise was something else .
Row upon row of beautiful cars ,friendly people , and beautiful roads through Pennsylvania .
I even won a celebrity choice award .

I'm thinking about that now maybe should have gotten it .
I probably would have bought it just because of the “Carlisle High”. A Dana 60 is not correct for my car, so an aftermarket rear with everything new would probably be best for the price, and when the time is right!

Auto Transport Service
Back