• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cell Phone Service metal building ?

jimbosride

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
My shop is all metal and once i walk thru the doors the service is Zero. Give me some Ideas on what works and what equipment I may need. Doing a internet
search there is a whole bunch of equipment from $10 to $10.000 ??

20190709_153802.jpg

I leave the cell phone as well as the cordless house phone on the window ledge. It's enough to get a ring through, and then I step outside to take the calls. If you don't have a window, install one..... it might do the trick.

I built a small shelf directly under my window...as long as phone is leaning against the window I can call,text,post,etc

The Wilson weboost units are outstanding. We use them and have no issues.

I find I get a lot more done when the phone doesn't work!I use to build motors in the middle of the night when doors were locked and the phone was sleeping too!!

If you are by yourself in that structure working and something unforeseen would happen or you need 911 now, think I'd want the cell service sufficient and phone in my pocket. Cell extender/repeater is what you want.

PC magazines #1 pick.

SureCall Flare 3.0 Review​

Give a boost to the cellular signal in your home
JYF0BwfMDzwDYOhcm.fit_lim.size_100x100.v1567806137.jpg

By Sascha Segan

https://share.flipboard.com/bookmar...ws/surecall-flare-30&title=SureCall Flare 3.0
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/javascript:void(0)
Wy7Jlk2N87AmW-1.fit_scale.size_760x427.v1595006028.jpg

editors-choice-horizontal.png

Excellent

THE BOTTOM LINE​

The affordable SureCall Flare 3.0 booster is the best bet for improving cellular signal in your home without spending a lot of money
MSRP $379.99
$300.33 at Amazon

PCMag editors select and review products independently. If you buy through affiliate links, we may earn commissions, which help support our testing.

PROS​

• Simple setup
  • Flexible placement
  • Boosts multiple carriers

CONS​

• Doesn't boost T-Mobile bands 41 and 71
In a COVID-19 world, cellular dead zones are more frustrating than ever. As we work and school at home, we're finding that we need many ways to connect. Outside big cities, cellular speeds can be wobbly and calls can drop. So for years now, rural users have relied on boosters that magnify signals using large antennas to give you better coverage from faraway towers. We tested two affordable boosters from major brands, the SureCall Flare 3.0 and the WeBoost Home MultiRoom. Both rely on basically the same idea of putting a big antenna outside your house and a tiny cell site inside. But the $379.99 Flare is more flexible and easier to set up, making it our Editors' Choice.

I would suggest that the unit you choose should have antenna (s) that mount outside your all metal structure. If you don't have cell service inside your building currently, some of these units won't help the situation unless they have external antennas. Also be sure that whatever cell provider you have will work with the hardware you choose.

I didn't think it would cost $ 300+ .... I may look into using the land line from the house but not sure the line is still good.

I use TP link wifi extender. It somehow brings wifi from the house to the outbuilding through the electrical wiring that already exists.

I live on a rural farm in a valley. My cell service is good outside, okay inside my house, but I have nothing in my garage. It's metal and finished on the inside with metal as well. I had an older cell phone that seem to drop calls while I was in the house a decent amount. I bought a SureCall Fusion4Home system and installed it in the house. I had alot less dropped calls. My phone took a crap so I got a new one and it worked fine in the house, so I took down the Surecall system. I'm waiting on a decent weather day so I can put it up in the garage to see if that helps. I think I paid around $2-250 for the system and it's pretty easy to install.

What I did is put my cell to call forwarding to my home phone
and take a cordless home phone out to the shop as well as my
cell. Any missed calls go to my cordless land line phone.

I just installed a HIBoost brand 4k Smart Link. Spendy but less than $500. Two antennas one outside and one inside. Provided apps for cell to locate tower for the outdoor antenna direction. Inside antenna points the other direction at a specific distance. Works great in a building with a lot of potential interference.

SureCall Flare 3.0 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home & Office up to 3500 sq ft, Boosts 5G/4G LTE, Yagi Outdoor Antenna, Multi-User, Verizon AT&T Sprint T-Mobile, FCC Approved, USA Company, on sale now on Amazon for $300

Amazon product ASIN B07KBKYV1C

Auto Transport Service
Back