• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

census time again ?

hdwrench

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
seems like we do this census stuff quite often anymore? seems like they could check with the post office and find us all ….

wow . i am shocked at the questions on the 40 page book they sent !!

probably trying to change the voting areas/some lines on a map
to get more of their people in one district or several changes
then go to court & have some line changed, to get their people in
instead of who's there now, it's a power deal

they try it a lot,
it's involved with politics you can bet your bottom dollar on it

If I get one it will hit the round file. Or I‘ll let them know I‘ve changed colors …. If you can do it for sex why not color ?

Last edited:
What census? The US census is every 10 years and won't be done again until 2030. Maybe your post office is 4 years behind in deliveries and you just got the questionnaire from 2020?

I was just going to note exactly the same thing. There's no census now.

I have been searching for the article I just read on this a few days ago since you posted; hate it when I can't find stuff...
Anyway, its not a census per se, as that is done decennially. This is an entirely illegal intrusion and is designed to do things such as Mr Budnicks said and more. A citizen is only required by statute to answer the number of people in the household and gender. Period.
Of course this is not intended as legal advice, etc etc ad nauseam... You can decide what to do or not do with it. Suggest researching this...

We have a census every 5 years, and the last one a couple of years ago was a complete fiasco. So much so that it was canned completely.
Also, it is a legal requirement to fill in the census forms here......and you are not permitted to enter Jedi as your religion.

Over 8,000 people were registered as Jedi in the census about 12 years ago. My father used to fill in Calithumpian for his religion. Not telling the Govt any more than they don't already know about me. :poke: My wife wouldn't let me write Jedi this last time.

I was working on a gate system about 6 years ago during census month, and I stopped the short fat immigrant man with the forms at the gate - he was trying to access the residents as special participants. The couple were well retired and extremely wealthy....but not all together with it. Full-time carer live-in for them. Husband was virtually unable to speak, but he was fully aware of what was going on around him. We would have a chat with him, and he would smile in acknowledgement. They were the owners (retired at that time) of one of the biggest companies in NZ - stone, rock, concrete & quarries was a chunk of it.

I basically answered the questioned for them with Mrs S. standing at the gate looking in bewilderment at the Canvasser. She was very disapproving of his asking such personal questions. I reassured her that it was OK, and I had to help 'shape her answers'. The guy eventually left somewhat satisfied. It was an awkward afternoon.
At one point Mrs S. asked the guy if he knew who they were......to which I sniggered. If he only knew. :lol: Poor old Bill passed away a coupe of years later.
The house they lived in was purpose built for them with all the bells & whistles....pool, ocean view, glass fronted decks.....the street was even named after them.

What census? The US census is every 10 years and won't be done again until 2030. Maybe your post office is 4 years behind in deliveries and you just got the questionnaire from 2020?
we got to promts via mail asking us to fill out an on line questionnaire. now got a 40 page booklet in mail . it’s states our adress has been randomly selected. the questions in here are very specific! about income , home heat , sex , gender , race , ethnicity income, taxes , job , commute times . cars use gas or diesel and on and on ….not just general questions!

If you guys get a question asking what languages you are fluent in....try putting down 'bollocks' - I did that a few years ago.....trying to see how many others speak that now. :lol:

we got to promts via mail asking us to fill out an on line questionnaire. now got a 40 page booklet in mail . it’s states our adress has been randomly selected. the questions in here are very specific! about income , home heat , sex , gender , race , ethnicity income, taxes , job , commute times . cars use gas or diesel and on and on ….not just general questions!
Sure sounds like a business census

probably trying to change the voting areas/some lines on a map
to get more of their people in one district or several changes
then go to court & have some line changed, to get their people in
instead of who's there now, it's a power deal

they try it a lot,
it's involved with politics you can bet your bottom dollar on it
it's called gerrymandering

look it up

What the OP received is NOT a business census.
Gerrymandering is indeed part of it, but it goes much further than that. And where it goes, it shouldn't. I'm still looking for that article to link...
Research this OP and think about it very hard.
Just my 2 cents....
[I'll shut up now before I get this tossed for being political]

seems like we do this census stuff quite often anymore? seems like they could check with the post office and find us all ….
Whatever was sent to you, it's not the US census. **** can it without answering a single question.
It's info-mining, to sell to the highest bidder.

Last edited:
If you guys get a question asking what languages you are fluent in....try putting down 'bollocks' - I did that a few years ago.....trying to see how many others speak that now. :lol:
1705968312036.png

Whatever was sent to you, it's not the US census. **** can it without answering a single question.
It's info-mining, to sell to the highest bidder.
i’ll have a good look at it in morning. maybe i can post a pic of it , it looked official but i’ll give it another look ! i kinda smell a rat …

Auto Transport Service
Back