• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap meal?

Don't forget to include the cost of a Sam's Club membership.
How many packag s of noodles are in a box of ramen noodles? Twelve? That's tw love meals for about $2.50 or so. Add anything you like to it to change things up.
I go to Costco, went in one day a few years ago and had something in mind to buy for about 10 bucks. Walked out with a receipt for 4500 dollars for a massage chair. I never leave their spending less than 2 to 3 hundred dollars. The cost to join is cheap for all the money I save on goods that other stores can't come close too. I will say I don't need two gallons of ketchup though. Shop with common sense. Their gas is usually 20 cents a gallon cheaper. As for the massage chair, my wife uses it almost daily and has for going on two years now.

Pulled pork, North Carolina style. Wife does a close imitation with discounted pork shoulders slow cooked in a crock pot. My son in law does the real deal with bigger cuts and a smoker. I'm too far north of the Mason Dixon line to get the real stuff in local bbq joints. Central PA folks want theirs with tomato based sauce, and no vinegar, which I've found somewhat odd based on the strong German influence here.

Brunswick stew

A 1 pound bag of dry pinto's ($1.12 at Wally World) cooked in a crock pot overnight with a cake of cornbread and a fresh onion will feed me for 3 days then it's time to move on to the Navy beans and rice. Also cheap as hell.

Was better when these were $2.50 each. Now they are up towards $4 or so. Still pretty cheap - and if I'm in the right mood, I can extend one of these for 2 different meals!

View attachment 1473212
Bought a four pack yesterday at Sam's for $11 and change. Prefer them to Degeornos (sp). Add diced onions.

That's your idea of a meal, while you call someone a moron for using ketchup on a hotdog. Chill out and take a pill. It's to early for me to **** with you. You eat your food and I'll eat mine, we can do without the name calling.
I'm not trying to start any ****, but I see your extremely offended by my opinion and idea of a cheap meal!! Only 6-year-olds put ketchup on a Hot Dog, PERIOD, end of story!!
If you've never had a cucumber sandwich, you don't know what you're missing, more nourishing than a frozen pizza too! Besides, how much cheaper can you get that a free cucumber, 2 slices of bread, some mayo & pepper??? That's what's this topic's about, isn't it? I guess not to you!

All this bean talk reminds me of my father's favorite meal. In his defense he was born in 1925, the oldest of 6 boys raised in the depression.
He'd take a piece of white bread, cover it with peanut butter then cover that with navy beans and put ketchup and horseradish on top. Absolutely disgusting and he'd eat several at a time. You can't make this up!

I'm not trying to start any ****, but I see your extremely offended by my opinion and idea of a cheap meal!! Only 6-year-olds put ketchup on a Hot Dog, PERIOD, end of story!!
If you've never had a cucumber sandwich, you don't know what you're missing, more nourishing than a frozen pizza too! Besides, how much cheaper can you get that a free cucumber, 2 slices of bread, some mayo & pepper??? That's what's this topic's about, isn't it? I guess not to you!

2lkfic.jpg

Canned white meat chicken (samsclub.)
1/2 can plus 12 oz canned broth( I like Gia Rusa ) garlic and pepper.
Makes a pretty good keto lunch I usually eat 4 days a week.

Substitute boring green relish on a dog for zucchini relish. And mustard.

My general go to for both cost and health is lots of veggies with every meal. Per pound, veggies are cheap and they also fill you up. Go-to's for me are peppers (any), onions, shallots, broccoli, spinach, and brussel sprouts. Peas, potato, and corn are great if you are ok with carbs. While most of us grew up with a memory of mom plopping boiled spinach on our plate (yuck!), veggies can be great tasting with minimal cooking expertise.

Processed, left over, miscellaneous, unidentifiable, meat parts in a tube?. No thanks:

How Hot Dogs Are Made

I'm not trying to start ****, as you call people morons. I was stating that others might think your idea or opinion is a morons idea also. As always you're being insulted, while you call others with their idea a moron. The name calling is what brothers me. I don't care if you eat **** on a shingle, have at it. When my day comes to leave, you'll have one less moron to deal with.

I have no idea who said ketchup and hotdogs don't go together. Ketchup and mustard on a hotdog is a must. Give me a fork and a knife and you can add chile, relish, cheese, sauerkraut and have a dinner.
It is obvious that you 1...are not from Chicago, and 2...You wouldn't know what a true hot dog should taste like and the right condiments to use!!! Ketchup ain't one PERIOD!!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Ate a lot of hamburger helper back in the day. It used to be a pretty cheap dinner. Don’t know if it’s still around.
On the grilled cheese sandwich and soup, gotta be tomato.

It is obvious that you 1...are not from Chicago, and 2...You wouldn't know what a true hot dog should taste like and the right condiments to use!!! Ketchup ain't one PERIOD!!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
You're right, I'm not from Chicago. Is that the world food capital. Would it make you feel better if I told you where my wife and I had dinner last night and what it cost, it was in Chicago either.

Here endeth the lesson for the correct way to consume a hot dog. Never ever Ketchup!!! cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Chicago Dogs.jpg

You're right, I'm not from Chicago. Is that the world food capital. Would it make you feel better if I told you where my wife and I had dinner last night and what it cost, it was in Chicago either.
Run along now!!! You will only lose this one. MO is it??? That explains a lot !!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back