• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap meal?

What would we do without your brother calling people morons and for starting a pissing match over hotdog condiments? You both need anger management.

Run along now!!! You will only lose this one. MO is it??? That explains a lot !!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
It's not MO, it's what my pocket can handle. There's fine dining everywhere in this country. You don't have the market cornered. Run along, I **** bigger than you BOY!!!......... Posting anymore is getting harder as hard liners push people to the point of no return. I think it's getting time to go back to what I really do. Sorry @33 IMP for screwing up your thread.

OFedYxwDbQHaFP?w=275&h=195&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.jpg
1685727998511.jpeg
vZeMKm67hAHaEP?w=262&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.jpg

Although to be honest, instead of ketchup I often put barbecue sauce on my hotdogs.

I guess some people got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

The ketchup/mustard on hot dogs issue had aroused my curiosity. When I started driving a tractor trailer over the road in the late 70s, I started to notice regional preferences in condiments immediately. In my home turf, the norm has always been mustard on dogs, ketchup on burgers. South of the Carolinas, I was surprised to see mustard on burgers. When McDonalds mixed the two, I think they came up with a compromise that was easy to market across the country. No judgement here, I'm just curious to see if the ketchup on hot dogs is more prevalent in some areas.

Per my earlier post on North Carolina pulled pork, I once talked to a fellow truck driver who had also patronized one of my favorite bbq joints in Virginia. He told me the owner had considered expanding, but that he was about as far north as he could go before his product became unmarketable.

I never dreamed that hot dogs would become so controversial so I'm learning new things everyday. However, here in good ole South Carolina, one can a hot dog at most places any way you like them. Heck I have my own recipe that involves bun, wiener, mustard, onions, chili and either sauerkraut or horseradish and parmesan cheese. Ane don't forget the Texas Pete or Tabasco sauce.

BBQ or smoked chicken, beef or pork done Southern style with a spicy bite to it. The American South is on my bucket list and all I'm going to do there is eat.

Pretty darn hard to beat a good hotdog with all the right condiments. Mine has to have at least ketchup and onions, plus mustard and sweet relish if available. $ 1.38 at Sam's (membership was free first year) with about two quarts of soda or iced tea.

I always quote that Dirty Harry scene when I’m with friends and family. As a joke. No point getting all Serious over what someone puts on a hot dog.

My favorite cheap meal is beer can chicken. Why?

1) A whole chicken is quite cheap
2) I get to drink half a can of beer while cooking - the other half goes for the bird!
3) My wife and I can get 3 - 4 meals out of one
4) They are delicious. ALL the skin is nice and crispy with no soggy areas.
5) Easy as heck to make. Throw on your favorite spices, stick a beer can in the bird and stand it up in the grill (indirect heat) for about an hour. Done. No mess inside the house, and tastes yummy!

(Not mine - stolen from the internet)
1371589417667.jpg

Ham steak, grill it the first night, scalloped potatoes the next 3 nights. Hamburger soup is good for 3 meals as is chili.

Auto Transport Service
Back