• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicken prices @ 1.79 lb here.....

Chicken leg quarters were .49/lb recently. Yet wings were 3.99. I have seen them as high as 5.99. Whole fryers were .95/lb. Seen them much higher at the snooty stores.
I have been told the reason wings are so high is because there are only two per bird. But when I responded with there are only two legs and thighs and the price is under a buck (not deer-thats deer nuts) I got the deer in the headlights look and couldn't get a logical response.
I don't understand the wing craze. Imo, they are bony and do not have enough meat on them to bother with. Rather eat a drumstick or a thigh plus it's not as messy.

Some stuff you burn more calories trying to eat them. than you get from eating them.

I don't understand the wing craze. Imo, they are bony and do not enough meat on them to bother with. Rather eat a drumstick or a thigh plus it's not as messy.
I like the big wings. Imo the craze is because they are best when deep fried, coated in a delicious sauce and sometimes dipped in blue cheese. The crispy deep fried skin and the sauce is what makes them so popular.

I try not to buy anything bone-in if I don't have to - your per-pound price includes those bones, and unless your teeth are REALLY good (and you don't mind poultry-bone-splinters!), you ain't eating dem bones... I'll gnaw on a t-bone bone once in a while...but I generally prefer to buy ribeye anyway when I get steak.

I try not to buy anything bone-in if I don't have to - your per-pound price includes those bones, and unless your teeth are REALLY good (and you don't mind poultry-bone-splinters!), you ain't eating dem bones... I'll gnaw on a t-bone bone once in a while...but I generally prefer to buy ribeye anyway when I get steak.
Boneless/skinless chicken is even more expensive and well, with my income these days, every ounce counts. I usually buy thighs but when quarters are cheap, then that will usually go into the crock pot. I like thighs better and only one bone and the meat falls off of the bone really easily when it comes out of the CP. With the legs attached, yeah, gotta watch out for the small bones no matter how it's cooked but grilling them takes more time than just the thigh alone. Yeah, I've cut them apart before but didn't this time.

I don't understand the wing craze. Imo, they are bony and do not have enough meat on them to bother with. Rather eat a drumstick or a thigh plus it's not as messy.
We have a favorite Italian restaurant that has really good wings and they are huge, you would probably like them. The upper part is almost the size of some chicken drum sticks I have seen. Wife usually gets a salad and 12 wings, then I make a meal out of them the next day. Now I am starting to wonder what are they feeding these chickens.

Like ribs. Or crawfish.
TJ wings in valley park is killer. I go back there just to sip a few rum and cokes and eat my weight in wings. Best in town!!
Ribs, Heavy Smoke down the road from me on the north service road. They have trophies on one whole wall from all the BBQ contests they're won from all over the country, amazing. Check it out, I swear, you get around like a donut, you probably have already.

FB_IMG_1647191447124.jpg

What a relief
:rofl:

Around here bone in is at least $1/lb less on a rib eye. Cheaper to buy the bone... plus I like the way they cook vs boneless.

Boneless/skinless chicken is even more expensive and well, with my income these days, every ounce counts. I usually buy thighs but when quarters are cheap, then that will usually go into the crock pot. I like thighs better and only one bone and the meat falls off of the bone really easily when it comes out of the CP. With the legs attached, yeah, gotta watch out for the small bones no matter how it's cooked but grilling them takes more time than just the thigh alone. Yeah, I've cut them apart before but didn't this time.
How about de-nippled chicken breasts? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back