• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler completely owned by Fiat

Well, so long as the parts are actually produced in this country and not somewhere else, I'll still consider them to be made here. Besides, more and more parts are being produced in other countries way before Fiat ever owned any of it. My 2000 Durango which was bought in Oct 99 is only 86% American/Canadian built.....

I don't have a problem with it. It's the only way for Chrysler to compete with Toyota and Volkswagen and other more global manufacturers. I have always like Ferrari's and Maserati's too. They put a lot a money into technology development. Maybe they'll get us back into NASCAR. I have to say, the redesign of the Chrysler line since FIAT took over has been much improved, especially the Durango.

I don't have a problem with it. It's the only way for Chrysler to compete with Toyota and Volkswagen and other more global manufacturers. I have always like Ferrari's and Maserati's too. They put a lot a money into technology development. Maybe they'll get us back into NASCAR. I have to say, the redesign of the Chrysler line since FIAT took over has been much improved, especially the Durango.

There are other ways to compete. Get the hell out of Detroit and tell the UAW to FO! For starters. Cause even though they are owned by fiat chryslerb is still based there and assembly still happens there.

Obviously we all love Chrysler products, but the company was always so poorly run, this might be a good thing. JMHO.

Are you sure the Durango was Canadian built.From 1997-2003 they were built in Newark-Delaware assembly plants.

The American businessmen ruined Chrysler. Ohio alone had over hundred different car manufactures in the early 1900. Most bought or consolidated by the Big 3. Now the businessmen talk about jobs, the same ones they help destroy. Chrysler executives and Daimler had their falling out in 1990's because the Europeans couldn't believe the workers didn't get the same vacation, medical, and other bonuses the Europeans gave to there workers. Then when they "DaimlerChrysler" negotiated those terms away from the American workers, the Union Struck. Everyone just remembers how greedy the Unions were and not how greedy the execs were all those years. I say new cars aren't worth the trouble or price.

I remember the days of the Fiat X19 flop in the US and even seen a few running examples of the older 850 - and even rode in one (after pushing it to get it started). And don't forget a Soviet built favorite called Lada, which was really a Fiat 124. Just boggles the mind that they now own Chrysler. And they own Ferrari too. Must be more going on at Fiat than chianti and pasta. As a company I say good for them and I don't blame them or anyone for getting a good deal and doing something with it. Seems to be the new big business model in the US. Run the US company into the ground by spending more money than you take in. Say you are too big to fail and get bailed out or go bankrupt. Create a new company to wipe the slate clean. Have the supreme leader sell off the pieces to another country.

My GTX is American made. And most of the parts i buy for it are too. I have to agree with the design of the Chrysler/Dodge lineup greatly improving after the Fiat purchase. Early 2000's were some terrible looking vehicles IMHO.

Has to be a better deal than Mercedes or Cerebus. Marchionne had me when he chastised a Fiat exec in the Chrysler building for speaking Italian saying "when you are here you are to speak english". The Germans were antagonistic and condescending to the American employees when they were there.

Mostly I lost interest at end of the production of the engines I grew up with (B/RB).
B motor in an a-body, RB motor in a b-body those are my favorites.
They are Perrrrrrrrrfect ! I love the low rpm stump pulling power.
Bought my wife a 124 fiat, for every mile we got to drive it we had to push it two. For every day it sat in my driveway it was in the dealer service bay at least three days. It was not even a year old when she insisted we trade it in for a car that would run on a regular basis. My wife use to joke it kept her in shape pushing it to the side of the road.

There are other ways to compete. Get the hell out of Detroit and tell the UAW to FO! For starters. Cause even though they are owned by fiat chryslerb is still based there and assembly still happens there.

Let the Pinkertons run the labor side huh? My ancestors killed some Pinkertons on that hill back then.

Let the American Auto worker work for nothing huh?

Well, guess we can no longer claim Chrysler products to be "American" at all...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/01/news/companies/fiat-chrysler/

Not the end of the world. The cars are still mostly built for Americans, mostly designed by Americans (although most reviews I've seen have praised the Italian upgrades for the newly introduced Viper) and mostly all built in North America. (Except for the 'Arab American Vehicles' factory in Egypt that Chrysler owns 49% of).

Face it, it's a free market. If enough Americans bought FIAT stock, they could swing the majority ownership back to the USA and regain influential control of the company.

It could have been way worse if some other company took over Chrysler and sold off Jeep and the Dodge trucks and let the rest of it die off.

-=Photon440=-

At least MB only stole the Sprinter program

yeah I was going to say it's still very American, cars still built & sold here, many dealerships are still here, soon the Fiat Brand will be sold here at Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/SRT dealerships too, the stock is still traded here on the US NY stock exchange, money goes into our economy here, taxes are still paid here, dividends go to American stock holders here, along with the rest of the world... & IMHFO the Italians have done a great job with Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/SRT... Damn site allot better than the good ol'boys club & the UAW that ran her into bankruptcy a few years back... Chrysler hasn't been exclusively owned by Americans for decades now... At least the brand isn't dead...

yeah I was going to say it's still very American, cars still built & sold here, many dealerships are still here, soon the Fiat Brand will be sold here at Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/SRT dealerships too, the stock is still traded here on the US NY stock exchange, money goes into our economy here, taxes are still paid here, dividends go to American stock holders here, along with the rest of the world... & IMHFO the Italians have done a great job with Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/SRT... Damn site allot better than the good ol'boys club & the UAW that ran her into bankruptcy a few years back... Chrysler hasn't been exclusively owned by Americans for decades now... At least the brand isn't dead...

:werd:

Auto Transport Service
Back