• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Historical Services Up and Running

I read earlier posts that say they don't charge anymore because they don't decode and longer. This was from a 2018 or so post; anyone know of this is the case and if so are there sources for decoding? Thanks.

I read earlier posts that say they don't charge anymore because they don't decode and longer. This was from a 2018 or so post; anyone know of this is the case and if so are there sources for decoding? Thanks.

When I started this thread it was Jan 2017 and I had just received the package that they used to put together for you and the decoding of the build card. You sent them a check but they never cashed it. Many others stated the same about their checks not being cashed so my question is did or if when did they ever accept the money?

As far as other sources for decoding, you can do your own research from other owners vehicles like yours on the www. and compare their codes with the ones that you have. That can be a lot of work and not always complete. You have to remember that different plants didn't always use the same codes. The first thing you have to know when decoding your numbers is what plant was your vehicle manufactured. Starting with this info you can start the decoding process. If you're comparing info from someone else's vehicle, their vehicle has to have been manufactured from the same plant.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever set up a decoding app or search device like they have for 1968 and newer. If you try to decode your pre 1968 with one of these decoding websites it's not going to work mainly because they changed the way they coded options after 1967. The older vehicles still have to be done by someone with the documents and or information from all the manufacturers. Someone like FCC or Galen Glover. Glover charges for this service.

Another option is to buy yourself a Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book for your year vehicle. They're not always that easy to obtain and you want to make sure you get the latest addition. That can require some researching for how many editions were made. Once you have one in your possession you'll have to practice using it. They are not always that easy to use with all of the information that they contain but they seem to be very accurate. I'm still practicing with mine every now and then and it can be very time consuming using these also. That's why not too many will just volunteer to do this for you. Thank anyone that takes the time to do it.
20200528_175909.jpg

If the axle ratio is 3:55 that should be a 83/4 diff and not a Dana unless that is a misprint. I thought all HEMI and 440 4 gears (1967) came with a Dana.
Yep, it's a Dana. I think you're essentially correct about 3:54 and 3:55 with regard to 9.75 and 8.75 axles, but I've found that the ratios sometimes get used somewhat interchangeably. The other thing I've heard is sometimes Chrysler Historical decodes information incorrectly. I know a guy who questioned the decode he got back from them, because he knew something was incorrect. They acknowledged that he was right and they got it wrong. Again, Fastback Jon is a good decode source.

You could try emailing Danielle and ask her. It's worth a try. She's been very helpful in the past. If you do, ask her if there's a website or any record of these dealership numbers with their info. They have one that they used when they used to supply this info.

[email protected]

I found one on line but it's for the newer Chrysler dealerships and maybe ones that are still in business not ones that are no longer in business. I looked up your number on there without any luck. It's a PDF so when you click on it, it will download the info. Like 40 pages.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/dealerconnect/portal/bzcontent/USA/sales/BusinessLink%20Dealer%20List.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiireL0_9TpAhWmlHIEHUDsC80QFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1cWvmFqlNY-oJODgqGtlqo
I emailed Danielle and to my surprise she got back to me within a week and told me that Region 72 is Portland Oregon and dealer number 61563 was Trahern Motors Inc. 4011 Williams Hwy Grant's Pass Oregon. I did some more google earth at that addy but there is nothing but trees?? Oh well at least I know where my car was shipped to when new!

Man I envy you guys who can get your records. Wish they had info for 68.

Try this website: https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer

I emailed Danielle and to my surprise she got back to me within a week and told me that Region 72 is Portland Oregon and dealer number 61563 was Trahern Motors Inc. 4011 Williams Hwy Grant's Pass Oregon. I did some more google earth at that addy but there is nothing but trees?? Oh well at least I know where my car was shipped to when new!

Hey all....
Just an update; As of 3 Jan 2022, Chrysler Historical Services is back up and running....sort of. All they will provide now is a scan - sent by email - of the build card and dealer info, but its free of charge. Hey, anything helps/is nice to have.
Danielle is a bit overwhelmed having been 'closed' for so long, so it may take a bit of time, but its good to see that theyre back in binness...

Hey all....
Just an update; As of 3 Jan 2022, Chrysler Historical Services is back up and running....sort of. All they will provide now is a scan - sent by email - of the build card and dealer info, but its free of charge. Hey, anything helps/is nice to have.
Danielle is a bit overwhelmed having been 'closed' for so long, so it may take a bit of time, but its good to see that theyre back in binness...

.....well, lets get that lady some decent chard and a hell of a welcome! Maybe we can get some FBBO favoritism!

Does anyone make a blank replacement IBM card for 1966? I have my copy from her and would like to get that on a hard copy. they come fuzzy from her.

Does anyone make a blank replacement IBM card for 1966? I have my copy from her and would like to get that on a hard copy. they come fuzzy from her.
Yes! Jon who runs the 66-67 Dodge Charger Registry can. But he has had some issues regarding it. Daniel has pointed out that they cannot do Canadian ordered cars.

Yes! Jon who runs the 66-67 Dodge Charger Registry can. But he has had some issues regarding it. Daniel has pointed out that they cannot do Canadian ordered cars.
How do I get ahold of him?

Yesterday I sent her my 3rd request for my car, I hope she responds.
Patience is about the only thing one can have. About 7 years ago we had 2 cars researched. It took quite awhile to get the information. It is a small department, and I would imagine that there is a large backlog after over a year. I just wait to be surprised at the mail box someday.

Patience is about the only thing one can have. About 7 years ago we had 2 cars researched. It took quite awhile to get the information. It is a small department, and I would imagine that there is a large backlog after over a year. I just wait to be surprised at the mail box someday.
The only thing that arrives on time from the PO is bills but your payment is always late, go figure

I agree with you, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

The latest ‘Stellantis’ form is all done via email, no mailing them anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back