• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Historical Services Up and Running

Danielle wrote me back and told me she will be processing mine as well and I should have soon. I will be dancing as well!

I just sent her an email on my 70 Roadrunner. Thanks for updating everyone.

Sorry but their records stop at 67. The records for 68 and up were lost in a fire.
Well maybe I could send her my vin on my 65 Coronet 500. Would like to know the selling dealer. I have everything else. Thanks

View attachment 387572

Chrysler Historical Services were not taking Build Record searches last year due to making some changes to their system. They are now up and running.

I sent my application for my 1962 Polara at the end of December and received my package today.

I received a copy the Build Record Certificate, taken from microfilm, a breakdown of the card and a 25 page booklet on the 1962 Polara 500. Lots of illustrations, specs, options ect.

I heard that this car was sold in California but didn't have the proof. (John Drew Motors Inc. Sacramento Ca.) Also the Build Certificate was long gone. Worth the $55.!

View attachment 388545

http://www.fcanorthamerica.com/company/Heritage/Pages/Build-Records.aspx

What else do you get besides the copy of the IBM card? Thanks!

Can someone fill me in on what info they will provide you with?. My 64' has the vin tag of course but came to me without a fender tag.

Can someone fill me in on what info they will provide you with?. My 64' has the vin tag of course but came to me without a fender tag.
They provide a low quality microfiche copy of the IBM card and a letter which lists the original seller dealer.

Thanks for the info:thumbsup:
Here’s the copy of the IBM card that they sent me.

2BB8EBCA-3BE4-4F38-BE2D-41AFCEC11B32.jpeg

Here’s the copy of the IBM card that they sent me.

View attachment 1225808
How do you read info on the IBM card and what exactly does it tell you?. Sorry for all the questions my background pertaining to the car hobby is hot rods, mild customs. IBM cards, fender tags and the like are new to me.

Numbers are on the right side, cross over to slot to get the last of set numbers for each item. Numbers at bottom start the item, THEN you have to have a sheet that has all the things that came on car. Say radio, cross the numbers, look on guide and that’s what type came on car. It has build sequence, dob, and options

That might be because I edited the picture by changing the contrast some. I still can’t make out some of the codes.
I think the holes are very obious, and if we can get a very clear pic of the card or of any card, that has the same general appearance one can put the dots together.

Auto Transport Service
Back