• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland "Guardians?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if its the sports team owners that no longer want to be affiliated with Indians, or Fudge Packers, or the Buck an Ears, or the Red Skin peanuts. How about the Fayetteville Floyds.

I’m old and fortunate enough to have met some of the Packers players from the 60’s. Longer story how I met them; but they were already retired from playing – and but – they were still out trying to make a buck cuz they had to. As well, I met two pro golfers from da older days. These guys were a totally different breed from what’s common today…not from rich families, some didn’t go to college. One golfer hustled to make money to live and have enough cash to travel to enter tournaments. They scraped their way to pro-sports fame. No private planes, huge paying sponsors, and IMO were royally fucked only cuz they were born too soon. They relished their fans…didn’t have security barriers and were glad to give autographs and idle chat. Never met Arnold...but appreciate what he did for golf...eons more than Tiger ever could come close to. THESE guys contributed to the ******* cash cow that pro-sports is today. Most make insane amounts of money – all that is – excluding the average fans (exempting rich fucks/corporations leasing sky boxes and front row seating). Ticket prices, beverages, food, parking, etc. have become out of reach for many today…that did not used to be the case. It is ******* pathetic IMO, to put this mildly.

I wish just one team owner would have the balls to say: "If you are offended by the name of our team, don't come to our games!" I suspect the change in attendance may actually be an increase!!

What if its the sports team owners that no longer want to be affiliated with Indians, or Fudge Packers, or the Buck an Ears, or the Red Skin peanuts. How about the Fayetteville Phloid's.

Fixed it before the phonetically correct grammar Nazi's see's it! :rofl:

I’m old and fortunate enough to have met some of the Packers players from the 60’s. Longer story how I met them; but they were already retired from playing – and but – they were still out trying to make a buck cuz they had to. As well, I met two pro golfers from da older days. These guys were a totally different breed from what’s common today…not from rich families, some didn’t go to college. One golfer hustled to make money to live and have enough cash to travel to enter tournaments. They scraped their way to pro-sports fame. No private planes, huge paying sponsors, and IMO were royally fucked only cuz they were born too soon. They relished their fans…didn’t have security barriers and were glad to give autographs and idle chat. Never met Arnold...but appreciate what he did for golf...eons more than Tiger ever could come close to. THESE guys contributed to the ******* cash cow that pro-sports is today. Most make insane amounts of money – all that is – excluding the average fans (exempting rich fucks/corporations leasing sky boxes and front row seating). Ticket prices, beverages, food, parking, etc. have become out of reach for many today…that did not used to be the case. It is ******* pathetic IMO, to put this mildly.
Today's athletes are taking what the market bares. Long ago owners made everything. It's entertainment. Most all players would trade for Rolling Stones monies. Envy is a deadly sin. If I got Vanilla Ice money? I would be up there screaming "Ice Ice" Even as ridiculous as it looks and sounds. It's all about sales. Always has. Always will.

I wish just one team owner would have the balls to say: "If you are offended by the name of our team, don't come to our games!" I suspect the change in attendance may actually be an increase!!
On this note - I've posted about before, the sports commissioners/owners COULD have made the whole shitstorm about causes such as blm real-real simple by stating "Look, we're in the business of playing football period. We do not and will not get into accepting or rejecting causes. THIS is NOT our business period, we're about playing football - paragraph - chapter ended."
(Or insert name of any other pro-sport)

Today's athletes are taking what the market bares. Long ago owners made everything. It's entertainment. Most all players would trade for Rolling Stones monies. Envy is a deadly sin. If I got Vanilla Ice money? I would be up there screaming "Ice Ice" Even as ridiculous as it looks and sounds. It's all about sales. Always has. Always will.
I’ll agree to a point. But, the cash cow has become insane and kowtowing to media or actually their sponsors with endless amounts of – money. A player getting a $100 million plus contract? Common place today. Well, ok another raw nerve reading about the BS with our Packers QB I’ve stopped reading or no longer giving a rip about. Pro-sports IMO is total bullshit except for the org, sponsors, rich fucks, and betters “Oooh our team won da championship!” Really? Your team huh? Players could give a rat’s rectum where they are or who they play for. This sorta **** died decades ago. It’s a business just like some company selling widgets. What’s the uptick for the average schmuck fan? Oh they can tell their out of state relatives and friends how cool THEY are seeking envy or jealously? Yeah hey, go out and buy that $80 team jersey and other crap with the team logo on it.
I’ll only watch a game now if the weather is shitty or don’t have some pressing project on my list. Pro-sports put a nail in their coffin folding for kneeling during the Anthem and supporting causes having nada friggin a thing to do with just playing da game. Just IMO...

A lot turds in the punch bowl from this site? The Karen's pushing "Disagree" button when their panties get twisted? Don't see near this level of childishness on A or E body sites.
Wow, no sense of humor on the 'A' and 'E' sites?

Pretty sure MLB pressured the team into changing.

A lot turds in the punch bowl from this site? The Karen's pushing "Disagree" button when their panties get twisted? Don't see near this level of childishness on A or E body sites.
Feel free to spend MORE time there then.....Also, When you post something that the majority of the members thinks is
B U L L S H I T......expect them to respond accordingly.
1 bee essss.png
1 troll 1 a.jpg

Oh. I get it now. (I was wondering what you were talking about?) OK. Kinda funny. But not sure it's a real equivalency?

It's call the hidden agenda that you're supposed to be to stupid to notice it happening!!!!!

Feel free to spend MORE time there then.....Also, When you post something that the majority of the members thinks is
B U L L S H I T......expect them to respond accordingly.
View attachment 1144300 View attachment 1144301
They don't talk smack crap like this crowd. (Or at least not near as much.) At times it's like romper room here. Calling minority people names. Vulgarity at any facts get this alt right crowd's panties twisted? Forwarding continued lies and crap that has been debunked to the point of a joke. I see that side is now on board with vaccine. Now that it's hammering red States.

And it's the site itself. Have you seen the ads? The Admins say keep political commentary to a minimum. But then posts ads from ultra conservative action committees like the NRCC? In closing? If your going to post a political poll? At least have the decency to give more than one answer choice? Are you kidding?

Screenshot_20210717-233717_Chrome.jpg

They don't talk smack crap like this crowd. (Or at least not near as much.) At times it's like romper room here. Calling minority people names. Vulgarity at any facts get this alt right crowd's panties twisted? Forwarding continued lies and crap that has been debunked to the point of a joke. I see that side is now on board with vaccine. Now that it's hammering red States.

And it's the site itself. Have you seen the ads? The Admins say keep political commentary to a minimum. But then posts ads from ultra conservative action committees like the NRCC? In closing? If your going to post a political poll? At least have the decency to give more than one answer choice? Are you kidding?

View attachment 1144305
The only ads that I see on FBBO are car ads. FYI, the ads are geared towards what YOU search!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back