• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Core support VIN number.

SandDiesel

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Trying to find the VIN on the radiator core support. Is the the lower support that cradles the radiator? If so is the VIN under the radiator or visible from the outside? Also heard there is one stamped on the trunk cowl under the weather stripping. Can anyone help narrow these down for me? Thanks!

Trying to find the VIN on the radiator core support. Is the the lower support that cradles the radiator? If so is the VIN under the radiator or visible from the outside? Also heard there is one stamped on the trunk cowl under the weather stripping. Can anyone help narrow these down for me? Thanks!

we'll need a little more detail. What year make and model and even what plant will help.

I did see one comment in my search on the web that 65's may have only had them on the vin plate, no where else.

I am not sure about the 65s but the 66-68 use the sales order# (S.O.#) on the core support not the partial V.I.N. as the 69-up models do. In 66 and 67 it is on the top part of the rad. core support and may vary in exact location from plant to plant. On my 66 St. Louis built Coronet it is on the top driver's side of the support. On my 69 Lynch Rd. built Bee (the partial V.I.N.) it is on the driver's back side of the support between the support and the front of the rad.

The S.O.# in 66-67 was also SUPPOSE to be stamped on the rear cross member hidden by the rear bumper but visible from under the car looking up between the two. However it seems that only about 50% of the cars got it in the rear. The S.O.# is also found on the fender tag, broadcast sheet, IBM card, window sticker, and dealer invoice. In 1968 the rear number was moved to the trunk weatherstrip seal lip on the driver's side but some model/plants stamped it on the passenger side.

I THINK that on 65s the second location is on the bottom of the rear package tray visible from inside the trunk.

Only thing found so far, and barely a third of the way down driverside rail is AOP1 I. Same place on passenger side is AOP131 maybe, but its more faint. Nothing close to a vin # yet.

Have any of you found yours and on a 65 or earlier? No luck on mine.

Found out today for sure, no markings outside the tag were on the 65 Plymouth.

Found out today for sure, no markings outside the tag were on the 65 Plymouth.

I'm pretty sure you should find the Sales Order, not the VIN, on the radiator support. Since it's a St. Louis car, have you looked on the side of the radiator support on the engine side or have you only looked on the top?

I am pretty sure '62-5 the SO #'s are stamped on the top rad support and under the package tray on the passenger side. I know my '63 Savoy and the few parts cars I have cut up are all stamped there...

Here is the SO# stamped on my upper rad support, it matches the fender tag SO#.

63SAVOY1%20027.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back