• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Count Your Blessings

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
When does all the chit many of us complain about suddenly become unimportant? I’d say when one of your kids is diagnosed with cancer. For so many years I could count our blessings and I was usually guilty of not counting them enough. When I would remember to do so, it always became obvious we had been very fortunate, until last week. My guess is a lot of us have much to be thankful for, despite all the crap we don't like swirling about.

Never thought this would happen; but know it has for many people and a few I know so we're in good company. My beautiful young daughter, who just ran a 26 mile marathon two weeks ago, will be enduring chemo, removal of her breast, maybe both, loss of her glowing hair, and Lord knows what more. Can’t think of a more painful ordeal for anyone when it is their kid. So wish I could trade places with her.

Where my head is at…I’d say don't forget to count your blessings every chance you get and hope that your blessings will continue.

Know that many here will be praying for her and your family, remember that these fights are often won, stay positive my friend

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, i pray that all goes well. I lost my father to cancer on February 14, 1971.

I feel your pain. My wife was diagnosed with bone and lung cancer in April and it has been a long journey but she is responding well to chemo and now immunotherapy. I know you are trying to wrap your brain around how this can happen to your daughter and I will pray for her.
Luckily cancer treatments have come a long way in the last decade and they can treat a lot of different cancers with successful outcomes so keep a positive attitude and never give up !

Keep your faith brother, your absolutely correct about counting our blessings. My thoughts and prayers for your daughter and family. May God watch over her and bless her with a full recovery! 440'

Hence my signature Ron ! Hopefully the positive outcome will be a long life for her Ron, after all the poking, prodding and intrusions are over. I can only wish and hope for a healthy and speedy recovery for her.

Stay positive Ron, there are a lot of good outcomes these days. Good luck and know that your Mopar brothers and friends from all over the world are praying for you and your family.

My wife was stage three in 2017. Currently cancer free. We discovered that there are way more success stories then sad stories. If you can get in a good cancer support group I recommend that. It helps to be with other folks going through the same thing. Not every group is a good fit, though. One of the groups here was way too new age for us.

Ron, prayers for your daughter and you and family.
Sorry guys must go through this.

Know where your head is . . . been there with my daughter when she was diagnosed with a severe heart development problem . . .

She went through a LOT . . . and I too wished I could trade places with her . . .

BUT - be there for her, support her, and hopefully the man upstairs will also decide it's NOT her time . . .

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers . . .

My wife was stage three in 2017. Currently cancer free. We discovered that there are way more success stories then sad stories. If you can get in a good cancer support group I recommend that. It helps to be with other folks going through the same thing. Not every group is a good fit, though. One of the groups here was way too new age for us.
It is strange to think how things work out (meaning just hopefully for the better) as we moved our daughter back from FL to Eau Claire WI last March with a position with the Mayo Clinic where she is getting her care now. She was in FL for 3 years with her first job out of college. She spent 4 of her 8 years in college in Eau Claire (4 hours from where we live outside of Milwaukee) liking the area. Well, she went to a doc in FL after finding a lump and the doc I gather blew it off. That was some 10 months ago. Hard to believe and pray this time span without due attention doesn’t bid poorly.

Hearing what your wife has endured, and I wish her all the very best, it is a reminder of how many folks have been through the wringer. It’s a shock when it hasn’t found your own front door and then…does. We’ve discovered a possible genetic cancer code in my wife’s family on her father’s side (far as we know now) as our niece, about the same age as our daughter, was diagnosed about six months ago with breast cancer now through 3 chemo’s about ready to have surgery to remove a sizable tumor that chemo has reduced some 40%. She has two little boys.

And to all those fellow members here kind enough replying offering well wishes….THANK YOU much! Means a lot, more than I'd have thought, including from those who suffered through loss or the hardship of those they love through their recovery ordeal.

You are not alone Ron.
Our daughter is 28 and we love her dearly.
Your family is on our prayer list.

Prayers for her, you, family and friends. God bless you all.

Ron all you can do is stay positive and be "in her corner"..literally. Stay in the loop and be there when you can. As serious as the matter is don't miss the fact that laughter is a great medicine... when you can fit that in for all of you!
jenchemo2010-2011 106.jpg

Please keep us all posted on progress. We are all happy to help..

Auto Transport Service
Back