• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy day in the market!!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Hope no one is down....at least not too much. My account is looking pretty good and is up a good bit due to UVXY being up over 12 bucks just today. Just wish I had more of it so the soon to be X will be mo happy with her 'share' of the money....... :mob: :elmer:

It’s been an ugly few days. And promises to drop even more. Talked to a pro today and he says if it misses the next support level it could really get ugly - like we ain’t seen nothing yet. Hope she hangs on. All this electronic algorithm trading doesn’t help thingsnat all......

Big money sell offs, day traders BS,
IMO just an adjustment, we have them from time to time
didn't do much at all to me "yet"

I'm in for the long haul I don't pay too much attention
to day trading BS

I've been known to day trade from time to time but it's not something I look to do but if I see a duck, I'm shootin it! Another thing I'll do from time to time is buy something that fell a bit and then sell an upside call on it. I'm also with you Bud. There's nothing really bad going with the economy or in the market except for the up elevator ride for however long it's been now lol. We've been way past due for a correction that entails more than a few percentage points.....

And dang, UVXY jumped up more in the aftermarket. It's now up 17!

Its unfortunate that we only know if it was a wild ride, not if it will be a wild ride.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well and hope no one ends up down too much.

Its unfortunate that we only know if it was a wild ride, not if it will be a wild ride.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well and hope no one ends up down too much.
The market is in a wild ride right now....

It was bound to happen. It's been frothy for months.

Now is the time to buy, baby!!!

Hey Cranky, I just looked and UVXY and based in Wheaton IL! That's 15 min west of me.

It's all a conspiracy to rob us of our savings! Ya keep hearing it all the time, but I'm thinking it's really true as time goes on. Bank CD's are worthless, course I'm remembering back in the 80's tho! Plain old checking acct is the same as a CD(?)

I always felt anything over 16,000 is overinflated speculation. profit takers setting up the sell,,, I can say that, as I saw my Enron stock go fro $84.00 to .08 cents. in 2000. oh well,

I lost everything I earned in January. Just in the process of moving my 401k from my old place of work. Still up 20k from the 4 quarters in 2017 but need to get it in the hands of someone who knows what to do with it daily.....

I always felt anything over 16,000 is overinflated speculation. profit takers setting up the sell,,, I can say that, as I saw my Enron stock go fro $84.00 to .08 cents. in 2000. oh well,
Weelllll, that was just criminal though!

Yep, buying opportunity. If you are not in the market, GET IN NOW. When the train again leaves the station - you will be onboard. This is a natural correction though large. No worries here.

deep state? I heard an automatic computer sell-off. what about buffet/Bezos scare day before the SOTU? I don't trust the "system".

Someone is Shorting the Market. And there making a lot of Money on the decline.
BUT will any of the 401K's,IRA's see any of it? Nope, only those guys on Wall St. & up in Conneticut!

Adjustment, nothing to see here. I am about where I was 4 weeks ago and after today I upped my TSP contribution to 12%....buy buy buy.

Buying stocks short, betting they'll fall, then selling them en masse, to bring down the market. it technically possible that one or several large stockholders could drive the market down by selling large quantities of stock, but that would require risking substantial amounts of money...

Auto Transport Service
Back