• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep Dish Cragars on a 72 SSP

JedIEG

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
I can use a set of old deep dish Cragar S/S's for free. 15×8 2.5" backspacing. My 72SSP has a stock width 9 1/4 rear. Has anyone managed to fit that size wheel in their rear fender well? I measured and it is really close... 74" rim to rim, 74" lip to lip

Basically, i have a pair of these wheels https://summitracing.com/parts/crr-61817
Is anyone using a 8" wide wheel with 2.5" backspacing and using a stock rear end (63" flange to flange) on a 71-74 without hitting the lip of the quarter pannel?
That would be roughtly the same as a 9" with 3.5" back spacing or 10" with 4.5" back spacing (though i dont think those will fit with out relocating the springs).

If you have the same width and access measurements...I'd say you need to roll the lips or you're gonna have major issues. That's without sectional width of the tire?

Auto Transport Service
Back