• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DePouli's 1969 Charger 318

While messing with the wiper motor I noticed the vacuum tubes we're poorly run and interfering with the under dash wiper arms. So fixed this and while having that out I replaced the bulbs in the control panel as well.
IMG_20190609_175053.jpg

New reman wiper motor ordered. Also noticed another vendor lists the glass channel runs I need in stock that have been back ordered by YO. So I ordered them, will see if they are really in stock...

I will make a YO stop tomorrow since I'm on my monthly office visit to ATL and pick up some other goodies...

Brian, I didn’t know if your car is like mine. My car has a hole in the fender well where the shorter battery hook hooks into.
upload_2019-6-9_18-25-6.jpeg

It sounds like you are going through the same process I am. Even though you are finding problems you are still getting things fixed too. Looks to me like you are doing a great job.

Brian, I didn’t know if your car is like mine. My car has a hole in the fender well where the shorter battery hook hooks into.
View attachment 780535

AH HA!!! Thanks!! Mine was all rotted out in that area so we had a patch made. I suspected I might be missing a hole. Any chance you can get me a bit more dimensions?. Looks to be about 1" behind the hose for the harness clip and maybe a 1/4" diameter hole. Probably not critical, but ..

It sounds like you are going through the same process I am. Even though you are finding problems you are still getting things fixed too. Looks to me like you are doing a great job.

Yeah I mean the water pump and the wiper motor are kinda like your rear glass. I thought they were fine when I took them off the car, now not so much. I have a feeling I may find a few more things like that. That's how it goes. I don't get too spun when stuff doesn't work the first time, but occasionally it is frustrating when it is a particularity tedious repair (like the water pump will be with the AC compressor). The lack of instrument panel lights/gauges has me a bit dismayed...that's a pain to take the cluster out, but I suspect I may have a bad circuit board. For now I'm gonna keep pushing forward on other areas.

AH HA!!! Thanks!! Mine was all rotted out in that area so we had a patch made. I suspected I might be missing a hole. Any chance you can get me a bit more dimensions?. Looks to be about 1" behind the hose for the harness clip and maybe a 1/4" diameter hole. Probably not critical, but ..
Sure,
The measurements from the wheel side are:
11 1/2” back from radiator support.
3” down from the top of fender well.
3/8” hole.
upload_2019-6-9_19-10-37.jpeg

upload_2019-6-9_19-11-13.jpeg

Back from vacation and work. Got some more parts so hopefully can make some good progress this weekend.

So I bought this body bumper kit. I'm trying to figure out where these bumpers are used specifically.

I'm pretty sure 2 are for the rear valence as license plate bumpers.

Thinking one is for the front plate.

Note I already pulled the hood, door and trunk bumpers that I know where they go. Not to say that these may be for those area as well but pretty sure I got all the hood ones at least.

Can any one tell me where they may go?
IMG_20190621_201152.jpg

IMG_20190621_201156.jpg

Actually disappointed with this kit...it's going back... I don't think I got the rear valence license plate bumpers (or just one at the far left) looking at other kits online and going out to my car I feel like this kit is not complete.

That said I still need to know where these go

Largely unsuccessful day.

I did put the new wiper motor partially in and it works, but didn't do the under dash work.

The water pump was definitely a problem.
IMG_20190622_154421.jpg

Unfortunately new water pump leaks profusely. Perhaps the gasket slipped. Will try again tomorrow, but very disappointed as it was a LOT of work for no success.

What I did manage to do well was bleed copiously from my head after I hit it on the hood catch when I was wrestling with the water pump/AC compressor as it started to crack lighting and poured buckets as my wife yelled at me as she poorly attempted to help

Last edited:

I did put the new wiper motor partially in and it works, but didn't do the under dash work.

View attachment 787909

Unfortunately new water pump leaks profusely. Perhaps the gasket slipped. Will try again tomorrow, but very disappointed as it was a LOT of work for no success.

What I did manage to do well was bleed copiously from my head after I hit it on the hood catch when I was wrestling with the water pump/AC compressor as it started to crack lighting and poured buckets as my wife yelled at me as she poorly attempted to help
It only took me a few hits to finally realize to wrap a small towel around it.....You can also use a tennis ball....

View attachment 787909

The gasket could have squirmed.....How does the housing mating surface look?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VirbACh1r6wKwEAQYASABEgJuyfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let it sit 24hrs at least before firing up.....

Actually disappointed with this kit...it's going back... I don't think I got the rear valence license plate bumpers (or just one at the far left) looking at other kits online and going out to my car I feel like this kit is not complete.

That said I still need to know where these go
The far left goes on the bumper the 2 bigger ones go on the valence....The 4 smaller ones I just cant recall at the moment.

The far left goes on the bumper the 2 bigger ones go on the valence....The 4 smaller ones I just cant recall at the moment.

It's a repro valence and the two bigger ones are too small for the holes in the valence. the far left one fits perfectly though?

It's a repro valence and the two bigger ones are too small for the holes in the valence. the far left one fits perfectly though?
Do those 2 have numbers on the top?.....IIRC its been awhile but the far left goes on the bumper and I though the valence had 2 taller ones similar to those two.....

Do those 2 have numbers on the top?.....IIRC its been awhile but the far left goes on the bumper and I though the valence had 2 taller ones similar to those two.....
no numbers, I ordered a different kit (at least per the photo) from a different supplier so we will see, photo below of the newly ordered kit from their website. same part number as YO but a lot more pieces

BBK5__87064.1487797237.JPG

I still have not figured out my round bumpers from a similar kit that I bought. Maybe the smaller ones are ash tray and glove box bumpers. I know that the bigger ones go to the trunk, hood, and doors.

Auto Transport Service
Back