• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake advice

PolaraFury

Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 67 Satellite with stock original four wheel drum brakes. I would like to put disc up front.

I would like to get a kit for the job but I have no idea which one to buy.

Do I need one with a master cylinder and booster or can I use my existing original master cylinder

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

thank you

email Dr Diff for advice.

Hello,

I have a 67 Satellite with stock original four wheel drum brakes. I would like to put disc up front.

Do I need one with a master cylinder and booster or can I use my existing original master cylinder

thank you
I have a '67 Coronet 4dr. I used Dr Diff front kit w larger rotors for 15" wheels. I got new master cylinder and proportioning valve but stayed manual. I like the pedal feel of manual for me.

Hello,

thank you

You are definitely going to need a disc brake master cylinder.

I put a Wilwood kit on my 67 Charger because I didn't want to swap spindles and get an alignment done also my 66 Charger has Wilwood calipers so now they both use the same pads. If these cars were daily drivers I would probably go with more of a stock system.

The kits which say they work with 14" wheels work for road wheels but steel rims with hub-caps can still be a problem.

I did a Leeds kit. Went in easily, works great. I did power so I don't need to cram the brakes, all a choice. I'd strongly recommend getting the details on what parts they are using to make the kit, at least the rotors, calipers and pads. That way when they wear out you can replace them even if the company who sold them to you is long gone. Leeds uses '67 Mustang discs and calipers. Factory drum spindles.

Dr Diff is similar to late 1970s Aspen and Volare.

Auto Transport Service
Back