• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don selleck's 68 charger rt project

well its been a while got most of the wiring done, sleeved the new harness with shrink wrap gives it a little protection and looks good, also sleeved the vacumn lines for the booster and headlight doors. Got instrument cluster back from instrument specialties, fantastic job still need a rocker arm for my three speed wiper switch, figured I'd test it to see if I need the switch too! carpet went in without a hitch, laid done pretty good ended up putting own some sound deadoner/ insulation, floor board looked so good I didn't want to cover it but the advantages seemed too good. and no I still haven't blacked out my tail panel. was gonna try to wrap it with the tail stripe, I was informed that it will contour to the shape with no problem and I can get the stripe and the tail panel cut from the same material so it will match perfect, And if I don't like the blackout it can be removed easily. the insides of the doors I masked off and painted, BIG improvement looks way better black. the American one autowire kit is a little overwhelming when you first open it but doing it one step at a time it went pretty smoothly. no more ballast resistor one wire alternator, grounds for everything heavier wire where its needed and fused hook ups for anything you wanna add. everything is plug and play with exception of your end wires to most everything but then you can customize your lengths and how they route and lay down and yes, buy there crimper if you go that route. picked up some 18" American racing rims and tires from a southern boy in west virginny on my way back from tennesee. thanks Sam! also picked up some 305 nitto drag slicks for my beaterView attachment 613811 View attachment 613813 View attachment 613814 View attachment 613815 View attachment 613816 View attachment 613817 View attachment 613818 View attachment 613819 View attachment 613832 View attachment 613820 so I can have a little fun this summer.

Same color scheme as mine. You're really going to like it, Hellcats are a blast!

I've had her since October of 15, it is the funnest thing I've owned even the slutty young girls give me the look when pull up next to them at the stop lights. I've raced everything from a porche to a jacked up 4x4 chevy Duramax, and have to say the Duramax was the best competitor. he had a tuner on it and was incredibly fast for a truck. I laugh when they get smaller in my rear view mirror, but I always shut it down and let them pass, don't wanna kill anyone. I'm sure there will be the day I get spanked but till then love beating up the camaro's and vette's especially.

well redid my headliner couldn't get wrinkles out of it, ended up pulling a couple seams lose glad it was the cheap one. ended up buying a legendary headliner to replace it, I have say it is better quality and seems to stretch more evenly, plus the material seams are sewed more evenly together, that was one of the problems I had with the wrinkles a couple panels on the cheaper one was kind of wadded together and not being even with the adjacent panel if you can picture that description. Put the rest of the amps in, got the final resting place for the control head for the hide away stereo system. Cut the holes for the component speaker system in the rear package tray ran the usb line to thecontroller for the mp3 player going in my console, tweeters were silver so had to paint those finally got the rear view mirror and visor painted to a good quality and installed. picking up my aluminum six pack intake next week that I got had to do a few repairs to it. dropping it off bill's shop to mate it to my motor, YAYYY!! then motor should be ready to install. I have to put trans in and set up my tranny lines, run a starter lead off my remote shut off solenoid for motor prep, and it will be ready for the motor when it gets here. ordered fitech 3x2 six pack, tank inc. gas tank and in tank pump, new billet distributor and control box, so it will be all new. That is also supposed to be here next week. well mid august I will be working my *** off on a McDonald remodel project, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible before that starts. Had my usual helpers, but they don't seem to be much help.
20180628_200229.jpg
20180712_192754.jpg
20180712_192917.jpg
20180712_192813.jpg
20180712_192943.jpg
20180712_193001.jpg
20180712_193035.jpg
20180711_112600.jpg

Great job on the headliner Don!

Legendary headliners are the best by far......

thank-you and yes, they do look good, I'm glad I got the cheap one first it was good practice. a $80 dollar lesson no bad.

A lot is coming together. Headliner and sound system are looking great! I also like your guard dogs.

20180406_202058.jpg
20180613_135752.jpg
20180822_173840.jpg
20180822_173845(0).jpg
20180822_173851.jpg
20180822_173855.jpg
20180822_173903.jpg
20180725_180751.jpg
20180801_182925.jpg
20180801_182134.jpg
well update has been a while also have been very busy with work, but managed to get my engine back temoparilly so I could paint the block and get a few engine parts ceramic coated. I have ordered a 3x2 fitech six pack fuel injection system complete with a fuel pump built into a tanks inc. gas tank, new msd billet distributor and control box for around 2650.00 not to bad for a complete system, I also picked up a 1969 1/2 a-12 six pack aluminum intake. the one before edelbrock started making them so it does not have the edelbrock logo on it. unfortunately someone drilled nitrous ports in the runners but I have a welder friend in Toledo that hooked me up. well I needed a little bit of camoflauge for the slight discoloration probably would have been ok but what the hell, decided to ceramic coat it, then the hp manifolds didn't look quite right and the stage vi head were a little dingy. so much for the stock look but I think this combo should work I plan on black powdercoat for water pump and housing along with pullies, brackets, alternator waiting for bill the engine guy to cut the intake panso I can get all the motor parts coated at once. my stereo works now and jams louder than the barn stereo system. it should make your ears bleed once the back and front windshield go in.

Nice work! It is always nice when working with nice, shiny, clean stuff!

thanks hawk, shinny is the only thing I can stand to work on anymore, hate the greasy stuff, dirt and rust in yours eyes, usually the only dirty stuff I work on is when my daughter suckers me into fixing something on her beater. I go to the dealer for oil changes etc. everything I drive is under warranty.

also if you all notice my fender penstar emblems on my speaker covers instead of the skar audio emblems, thought it would be a cool accent.

using my spare motor I've been lining up the pulleys mainly power steering, added some longer studs on the back of the Saginaw unit to push it about 3/4" forward for line up, of course after looking at the alternator bracket the tension slide bar where you tighten it down is pretty much washed out so new brackets along with the Chinese six pack air cleaner and radiator shroud are ordered. was gonna powder coat the water pump housing black along with the front of the engine but thinking high luster silver ceramic like the intake and heads might be the better choice. did manage to hook up aa electric motor to open the ashtray works well used bearings on the pivot shaft to smooth out the action, have video but don't how to upload, did get my fi tech 3x2 on its way to sema for display then back to oxford Michigan after, ready for pick up, along with tanks inc. fuel tank with built in pump, still tons of stuff to do, but how cool is it, to have come this far
Tri Power.jpg
20181026_173212.jpg
20181026_173137.jpg
20180712_193035.jpg
, dying to hear this thing RUN!

Coming along real nicely, love the stereo and intake setup. Those pooches look just like mine, Labs?

lab mix brother and sister fixed of course, about 9 yrs old now female has diabetes 2 shots a day pain in the *** but there pretty much like our kids now, but a lot cheaper and more loyal.

no, maybe next year:poke:,but thats way cool can't wait to see it saturday. I just got my motor back have been setting everything up on it so it will save me from leaning over under the hood, was gonna wait a while before posting some new picks but, here's a few shots
20190226_082424 (3).jpg
20190228_191758 (1).jpg
20190228_192008 (1).jpg
20190224_154412.jpg
20190223_194658.jpg
20190206_172037.jpg
20190217_152047.jpg
20190217_152055.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back