• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double checking

69clone

Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Heading to Carlisle tomorrow hoping to find some stuff on my list. I just want to make sure I've got this straight, I'm looking for a 69-70' 4bbl air grabber/ ram charger air cleaner (The one that looks like a 6pack cleaner) Now to get that to fit i need a 3 speed wiper motor right? Any info on which wiper motors will work/look correct?

Hope to meet some of you their tomorrow, So if you see a young skinny guy with long hair and facial hair wearing my FBBO shirt, That's probably me.
~Nick

A couple of things to keep in mind during your shopping trip.

If I remember correctly, you need to make sure that you buy an Air Grabber assembly with the correct base for the engine platform you are using. The "B" 383 and the "RB" 440 use different bases and you will have clearance issues if you use the wrong base. If I'm not mistaken it is the "throat" depth that is different.

A 3 spd wiper is needed to clear the base plate. If you use a 2 spd motor you have to "notch" plate to clear the motor.

Good Luck.

Thanks now that you mention that I do remember reading that. If I remember right the 440 fits both but the 383 doesn't have the clearance to fit a 440?

Auto Transport Service
Back