• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dude, don’t lean on my car

Treating young-ones with kid-gloves and explaining proper etiquette around other's stuff, is great. Dealing with adult morons, should be handled differently. They should be treated like morons. None of them is ever gonna pay for any damage they do.

Far as I'm concerned your buddy that thought you were being a dick was wrong... Notta Dick... If you'd started with Get The F off my car? Yeah, kinda dick move... But still the truth.... I'm to old & to fed up with stupid to sugar coat stuff....

Trust me, if I hadn’t been there, he would have said the exact same thing. He just called me a dick because that’s how we talk to each other…

A good, hard whack across the shin with a hickory stick would have given him a valid reason to lean on your car for support.

Hmm, I guess nowadays that might be considered assault no matter how justifiable.
:lol:

Treating young-ones with kid-gloves and explaining proper etiquette around other's stuff, is great. Dealing with adult morons, should be handled differently. They should be treated like morons. None of them is ever gonna pay for any damage they do.
Yup, I'm generally willing to cut kids some slack, if they haven't been taught they don't know... So be nice & try to make it a positive learning experience... Adult? If you don't understand respect by now it's a little late to expect me to be nice...

Maybe this is what we need to spice up the car shows…. Maybe stage some fake altercation with pushing and shoving, maybe enlist a couple of out of work stunt men to pull punches and fly through the air like they do in the movies.
I’ll even offer to play referee, pretending to break it up. I’d be willing to take a punch to the face if the FBBO members take up a collection for dental work.

Last edited:
Had a small leased yip dog jump on my car at a show. I confronted the owner and was met with an incredible attitude and words about the dog not knowing any better. Absolutely couldn't believe the response. WTH?

27582a404cfd4e6c3f3fb44973013af1.jpg

The first thing he does is put his hand on my deck lid to steady himself then leans against my car. When I told him “dude, don’t lean on my car, I asked my buddy if I came off as a dick and he replied yes. Am I wrong here?
No, no no. You may be a dick otherwise, but not in this instance :poke: :lol:

I would think anyone at a car show would know enough not to touch another persons car. You did what you thought was right at the time. He should have known better

I've been away from my car and a show truck I once had just to come back to see someone leaning on it. I tell them like it is. How are they going to learn? If they get all butt hurt, oh well, get over it. :nutkick:

No way. No leaning.
My Jeep has Poly fender extensions
that have been destroyed from
people leaning on them. With a Jeep,
for some odd reason, the front fenders are a natural attractant to
such rude behavior.
What bothers me is some are very
indignant, and act like they're
the ones offended when I tell them
to get the hell off my fender.
photo.JPG

Last edited:
A show I was at the dad did it right. He held his little boy up to see inside and was even holding his legs so they wouldn't bump the door. Everyone at this show was very well behaved, but then in this part of America that is the no
20230722_113358.jpg
rm.

I've asked people "Are you a car guy?" and often get a YES, then I learn they have no tools, own no classic car....they simply like the look of them.

You might want to consider where someone is in life. In high school I had a 69 Chevelle SS and a 68 LeMans, both 4-speed cars. I modified and raced them, mostly on the street and loved owning and driving them. Then came college, marriage, and then a career. Finances didn't allow me the luxury of a hot rod and for 4 years after getting married we lived in a condo with 2 outdoor parking spaces, only 1 covered. Then came the entrepreneurial years that involved significant debt that I carried for a couple of decades. I was 56 years old when I bought my Slingshot, 59 when I bought my Vette, and in the last 2 1/2 years I have managed to acquire 6 driver quality classics. So was I a car guy for the 40 years in between? Hell yeah. A broke-***, hard-working car guy trying to scrabble my way to financial stability. Luckily for me it paid off in the end but it was a looong road. Car guys don't always have one in the stable.

It`s bad enough when non-car people put thier hands on or lean on someone`s car but it`s worse when someone does it that should know better. If it`s not your property don`t touch it unless the owner says it`s OK!

You might want to consider where someone is in life. In high school I had a 69 Chevelle SS and a 68 LeMans, both 4-speed cars. I modified and raced them, mostly on the street and loved owning and driving them. Then came college, marriage, and then a career. Finances didn't allow me the luxury of a hot rod and for 4 years after getting married we lived in a condo with 2 outdoor parking spaces, only 1 covered. Then came the entrepreneurial years that involved significant debt that I carried for a couple of decades. I was 56 years old when I bought my Slingshot, 59 when I bought my Vette, and in the last 2 1/2 years I have managed to acquire 6 driver quality classics. So was I a car guy for the 40 years in between? Hell yeah. A broke-***, hard-working car guy trying to scrabble my way to financial stability. Luckily for me it paid off in the end but it was a looong road. Car guys don't always have one in the stable.
So true. I went through 14 years of "I used to have one..." after my corporate career imploded. When I was back on top, with my 440 GTX from back in the day, paired with a numbers matching Hemi car beside it, I never looked down on a guy who told me he "used to own one."

I might lean on your car.

But only with a fender cover while I'm helping you fix/build it.

Auto Transport Service
Back