• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust pipe

steve from staten island

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
I have a single exhaust system on my 69 satellite 383. The middle pipe after the engine pipe is awful close to the drive shaft. I held the muffler in what seems to be proper position and it again seems to line up with were the hanger bracket was located but again that middle pipe is like a inch and a half in some areas from the drive shaft. Does this seem correct ? Thanks

As long as you have clearance when the drive shaft moves up and down with the rear suspension, you will be good. The dual exhaust are the same on most.

I have a single exhaust system on my 69 satellite 383. The middle pipe after the engine pipe is awful close to the drive shaft. I held the muffler in what seems to be proper position and it again seems to line up with were the hanger bracket was located but again that middle pipe is like a inch and a half in some areas from the drive shaft. Does this seem correct ? Thanks
drivetrains are offset to the pass side, sounds normal to me .

Auto Transport Service
Back