• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extreme Violence Video Involves A Police Officer VS A Knife Wielding Subject

Having a little experience in this sort of thing I have a few observations/comments

1. the cop is a perfect example of a need for more training. The threat level escalated rapidly as soon as the subject moved towards here armed with a knife. She had plenty of time to bring her weapon to bear in a very controlled manner yet when she decided to fire it was a frantic event.

2. she should have never let him get that close to her, if she was going to stand her ground then he should be laying between the 2 vehicles, however if not she should have continued to back up.

3. I do not think all of those rounds went into her vehicle, I believe some went down the street (bad)

4. unlike the movies, people do not always fall down immediately when shot, especially if they are under any kind of influence from drugs. This proves the point that non fatal shots are not effective in stopping someone typically

Correct, she should have never let that guy get so close. I'm no police officer, and somebody exits their vehicle in an .aggressive manner, my weapon would be out, of course a round will already be in battery. She did seem a bit frantic.

Rewatch the video especially the movements of the attacker. Then watch this video in total.

1) A Person should never exit his/her vehicle unless told to do so.

2) Cop should never have a weapon without a chambered round.

3) Dude got what he deserved.

I don't know why you would think that unless I missed something. I have yet to hear of a police officer carrying a gun these days without chambering a round before they leave the station. It's time they wouldn't have if they did which was shown clearly in this video. I had heard that years ago were talking in the fifties or back further some officers left a round out of the cylinder in the firing position on their revolver in case the gun went off accidentally. Need I comment on why you shouldn't do that?

Thanks, everyone I really appreciate your input tonight so if any more questions come up I'll try to, answer them.

I don't know why you would think that unless I missed something. I have yet to hear of a police officer carrying a gun these days without chambering a round before they leave the station. It's time they wouldn't have if they did which was shown clearly in this video. I had heard that years ago were talking in the fifties or back further some officers left a round out of the cylinder in the firing position on their revolver in case the gun went off accidentally. Need I comment on why you shouldn't do that?
Guns do not fire accidentally. Keep your finger out the trigger well until you are ready to fire.

You're saying you can train fear out of someone? You might have watched too many Clint Eastwood films then. Fear is a human trait that is comes out in people differently in different situations. All you can do is train to how you're going to respond to it with the tools given to you. She did well in my observation and anyone who has been in that situation just might agree.
Fear cannot be trained out of you. You have to harness fear. Constant training can help mitigate that.

I am not sure where or who the "no round in the chamber" thing came from, the officer in the initial video definitely had a round chambered in the beginning but then had a malfunction which she very correctly and quickly dealt with.

I am not sure where or who the "no round in the chamber" thing came from, the officer in the initial video definitely had a round chambered in the beginning but then had a malfunction which she very correctly and quickly dealt with.
Looks like she had a malfunction, or hit her mag release by accident.

I agree it's definitely a hoax

I should say, not a real traffic stop. Video is obviously a video. I like how the camera was positioned and they both rolled into frame. And that many rounds there should have been blood.

I agree it's definitely a hoax
It is not fake. The perps name is Ruis. The sheriff is a twenty two year veteran of the Eaton county sheriffs department ( Michigan). I guess you have been in beaucoup gun battles . I guess all battle hardened urban commandos have the punisher logo on everything.

My bad and sorry for the insult by disagreeing, the officer was so poorly trained it looked fake.

It is not fake. The perps name is Ruis. The sheriff is a twenty two year veteran of the Eaton county sheriffs department ( Michigan). I guess you have been in beaucoup gun battles . I guess all battle hardened urban commandos have the punisher logo on everything.

:rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

What i don't understand is why you always see only one police officer in the car.
Here they are always with two, never alone. Is there a special reason for that its not the case in the USA ?

Its an employment strategy, the thought being that one officer per car means more coverage and given that normally there are cops near one another the thought is that they can support each other.

How did she get qualified at the range? How hard is it to hit center mass from 5 feet? Geez, get the girl a shotgun...double 00 will make a rightful mess.
From that kinda range a 9 is gonna blow thru ya like butter, why I like the knock down power 45 cal. baby. I hit you in the shoulder at that range with a 45 acp and your goin down buddy.
All in all the right people are still on this side of the dirt

Last edited:
How did she get qualified at the range? How hard is it to hit center mass from 5 feet? Geez, get the girl a shotgun...double 00 will make a rightful mess.
From that kinda range a 9 is gonna blow thru ya like butter, why I like the knock down power 45 cal. baby. I hit you in the shoulder at that range with a 45 acp and your goin down buddy.
All in all the right people are still on this side of the dirt
I don't care what caliber does what you hit a vital area you go down. Are you sure about a shoulder hit ? How many gun fights have you been in. A perp on meth is not going to hit the ground even from a .45 hit to the shoulder

She didn't do bad under a high stress situation. I will assume by this video this was her first time using her gun out of range situation!
9mm are fast if there not hollow point they will go threw without issue unless a bone gets in the way . Guy was obviously on drugs he had that crack head power where he took a ton of shots before going down

im kinda curious,esp after all the debate on here.
does anyone Know how many times the suspect was hit??

and i stand by my former post,this guy had to be on drugs,serious ones,because nothing fazed him till that leg shot.
glad the cop didnt get hurt.

Here is a perfect example of the real world

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/02/police-shooting-shot-16-times/582187/

For many years people have talked all that BS about .45 v 9mm and from a scientific stand point it makes sense, however people and bodies do not react as per science and many people have been shot repeatedly from a variety of calibers and survived, fought on, escaped, etc. Shot placement is the only sure way to ensure the results you are after.

There's a reason why my guns are all loaded with hollow points and one in the chamber!!

Auto Transport Service
Back