• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fabricated Dash Woodgrain Replacements - 1968 8-Track GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be willing to pay for a three piece set for 1969 gtx mine is one of 61 ever made money no problem bought three piece decal set total junk, I don't care what it costs please call me 270-250-2754 ask for Bill

Bill...

Do you have an 8-track or push button radio? I only have made the pattern for an 8-track since that's what I have. I'm still trying to get dimensions for the push button radio. If someone with one would place it in a flatbed scanner and send me the output I could work on it.

Thanks.

Push button radio,will try to locate good used one to copy,definitely looking forward to purchasing from you ,nicest repo I've seen to date,I still have my three piece aftermarket set that are just decals put over plastic for dimensions if it helps

Does anyone have a standard (non 8-track) radio face plate they can place in a flatbed scanner and send me the image of (pdf or jpg)?
All I have is the 8-track. You'd be doing me a huge solid. Thanks.

_bigthumb.jpg

Like this one? I can scan it tomorrow.

Response...

Our research shows there were around 163,561 of these produced. With some of these offering different trim packages such as 8 track and others with am/fm radios this would create a need to make two different kits at least.

At this time there are less then 9k of these vehicles registered today. We have found that only a small percentage (less than .25) of these owners would purchase this kit. For us to manufacture these we would need to sell at least 2500 of these to make it a worthwhile product. We made the ones we have in conjunction with another company that was producing the other matching parts. After producing these the sales fell flat. I am sorry to say at this time there is not enough market need to produce this complete kit.

1968 vs 1969 for anyone interested...
I'm not sure the brown color is darker but the presence of more black sure makes it look darker.
If you think your eyes can't be fooled take a look at the last picture and then place your finger across the middle obscuring the seam.

20171210_222046.jpg
20171210_222308.jpg
20171210_222213.jpg

d2c1d5c5f91efc57cf97b4da4c1c00dd.jpg

Does anyone have a 69 GTX or SS with an 8-track radio and woodgrain face plate? I need to verify if they had the dial indicators (on / off / tune / tone)
I'm pretty sure the 68 Push button and 8-Track's didn't and the 69 push button did but I can't find a legit example of a 69 8-track with lettering.
Thanks.

Does anyone have a 69 GTX or SS with an 8-track radio and woodgrain face plate? I need to verify if they had the dial indicators (on / off / tune / tone)
I'm pretty sure the 68 Push button and 8-Track's didn't and the 69 push button did but I can't find a legit example of a 69 8-track with lettering.
Thanks.

FWIW, my 68 GTXer. Relatively stock...

GTX Interior (85).jpg

IIRC there was no lettering on a 68 faceplate, 8-track or not. The white letters on the faceplate are 69 (and up?)

Random question...does anybody know if Plymouth made an 8-track player as opposed to Chrysler? Could just be they made them all the same and just changed the faceplates? Ive only seen the Chrysler (like @Pettynerd's) faceplate on 8-tracks for b-bodies.

Here's an example of an 8-track with labeled thumb wheels. Can anyone spot the problem?
2555578-1969-plymouth-gtx-std.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back