• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fabricated Dash Woodgrain Replacements - 1968 8-Track GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a photo of my 69 GTX 8 track bezel, it's original as far as I can tell.

View attachment 553555
That's a good example of how the wood grain continues without interruption from the face plate to the glove box panel. It's as if the two plates were made of wood cut from one board. It would be best to see that in the reproductions, if possible.

With the scarcity of decent faceplates (8 tracks are even rarer) I think whomever did this did the best they could. They must not have had an actual 8 track face plate to work toward as they could have trimmed it a little better.

Last edited:
That's a good example of how the wood grain continues without interruption from the face plate to the glove box panel. It's as if the two plates were made of wood cut from one board. It would be best to see that in the reproductions, if possible.

To that point here is the seam for the pieces I am working on...

upload_2017-12-28_12-16-5.png

Last edited:
The dash pieces came back from the waterjet cutter today. I have to say they look stunning. The bend-over tabs were a last minute idea and they are a little fragile but I think they'll work. This is a push button radio set for Moparbill70. I think he'll be happy with them.

20180104_212519.jpg
20180104_212644.jpg
20180104_212755.jpg
20180104_212849.jpg
20180104_213031.jpg
20180104_213053.jpg

WOW! they do look great!! So when can I get my first set for my 68? :poke:

Can someone help with explaining which cars came with shiny back printed plastic R/T dash wood grain panels similar to 68/69 GTX and Sport Satellites? Attached are pictures of the panels. I though it was 68/69 Coronet R/T non rally dash cars but I can't find a 68 with woodgrain, so maybe it's 69 only.
Can someone with a 69 post a nice close-up picture of the R/T logo?
Thanks.

IMG_3907.jpg
21663467-6651-4343-BCA9-9EFC526F76AF_71.jpg

Last edited:
With the great help of themechanic I was able to complete the '69 Coronet R/T graphics.
Now I have the following cars covered...

1968 GTX w/ 8-Track Radio
1968 GTX w/ Push Button Radio
1969 GTX w/ 8-Track Radio
1969 GTX w/ Push Button Radio
1969 Coronet R/T w/ 8-Track Radio
1969 Coronet R/T w/ Push Button Radio

I think I'm going to skip the Sport Satellite unless I get convinced otherwise. It looks much more complicated.

RT Logo.JPG

upload_2018-1-23_1-3-58.png

I gave away a couple of sets of wood grains for a coronet a couple of years ago
My '68 coronet has the blacked ribbed style with a push button radio but I would
like to put my 8-track in if you ever make that style of plate for it...

I gave away a couple of sets of wood grains for a coronet a couple of years ago
My '68 coronet has the blacked ribbed style with a push button radio but I would
like to put my 8-track in if you ever make that style of plate for it...

If you send me some hi-res photo's I can try to recreate the black rubbed style graphic. Or if you want, I can create just about any custom graphic for the trim. I already have the cut pattern for the 8-track so it's just a matter of photoshop-ing the appearance the pieces.

Are the 68 black ribbed pieces made from the same brittle plastic material as the wood grain?

Below is the best photo I could Google but I don't think it's good enough for me to work with.

Thanks.

fl0111-101967_4@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Where can i purchase just the left side one. I have a sport satellite convertible that I am leaving in its original form. just looking for the driver side piece

If you send me some hi-res photo's I can try to recreate the black rubbed style graphic. Or if you want, I can create just about any custom graphic for the trim. I already have the cut pattern for the 8-track so it's just a matter of photoshop-ing the appearance the pieces.

Are the 68 black ribbed pieces made from the same brittle plastic material as the wood grain?

Below is the best photo I could Google but I don't think it's good enough for me to work with.

Thanks.

View attachment 563565

Sorry I just saw that you have answered...I have never figured out how to transfer pictures from my phone to the computer...I'm old...
If you PM me your phone number I can text that to you though Sir...
And yes they are made from the same plastic...

@SoCal440GTX I’m very much interested in getting a set for my radio delete non rallye 69’ Coronet R/T. I wasn’t able to pm you as your inbox was full but let me know how to facilitate.

Great work on this...they look beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back