• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan(s) recommendations...3 inch depth max.

It's mostly still in the boxes,lol. Just about have the body work done and the engine compartment ready to paint.
Duhh...sorry I'm not up on the status of your build.
What finish did you get?
I got polished aluminum with ceramic clear coat for the 421 in the GTO because it suits the engine trim and the paint, chrome, etc.
There's no other choice for the Roadrunner but Black Diamond, what with the valve covers I have, and yellow and black paint. The aluminum block and heads are really going to look great, and the polished Weiand CrossFlow single plane intake. I have to decide what to do with my Six Barrel air cleaner though, because orange isn't going to cut it on the 541. I'm thinking gloss or satin black. Switching to a 3½ or maybe 4" K&N air filter too, but I will have the factory "Six Barrel" decal and add the Coyote Duster decal too.

So I dropped off the 17" fan and shroud assembly at the shop this morning and it will fit easily. Nice looking piece. I based buying the one I did on the recommendation of the vendor I've bought most of the stuff from last October for the Roadrunner and the GTO, and he was adamant about having great results across the board with the manufacturer's fans.
Well I did a review search this morning for my particular model number, and it's rated at 4.9 out of 5 w/66 reviews!
:thumbsup: :bananadance:
https://g.co/kgs/RqKaQi
While I was there, I got a couple of new pictures.
My 6 piston Wilwood rear disc brakes are going to be finished today. Fronts and master cylinder, adjustable prop valve already in.
20200908_100331.jpg
20200908_100346.jpg
20200908_100343.jpg

Duhh...sorry I'm not up on the status of your build.
What finish did you get?
I got polished aluminum with ceramic clear coat for the 421 in the GTO because it suits the engine trim and the paint, chrome, etc.
There's no other choice for the Roadrunner but Black Diamond, what with the valve covers I have, and yellow and black paint. The aluminum block and heads are really going to look great, and the polished Weiand CrossFlow single plane intake. I have to decide what to do with my Six Barrel air cleaner though, because orange isn't going to cut it on the 541. I'm thinking gloss or satin black. Switching to a 3½ or maybe 4" K&N air filter too, but I will have the factory "Six Barrel" decal and add the Coyote Duster decal too.
I went with the Black Diamond finish. Bio, what is the total thickness of your radiator / fan?.

Bio, what is the total thickness of your radiator / fan?.
I think to answer that question in a manner that may help you, I will have to physically measure them together, and that is something I expect the shop will put the fan and shroud in in the next day or 2.
In the meantime, my radiator is 3" overall thick, and the fan and shroud assembly is a skinny 2⅝" max so I'd expect close to 5⅝" total, but once they are mated, I will get a measurement.

Auto Transport Service
Back