• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally found a Super Bee, South Carolina to San Diego...

I'm in Albuquerque, if you need anything let me know. Good luck and have fun, I did trips like this when I was younger, always had a great time!

Trip recap! Ended up making it in 4 days and spent juust under $1000 in fuel haha. The trip was issue free, only minor thing was little detonation once it started getting CA fuel, a little octane booster did the trick, something I'll need to address. Ended up taking the 20 to avoid snow on the 40, hit a little rain in Texas and had a couple cold mornings.

IMG_2006.jpg
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2046.jpg
IMG_2057.jpg
IMG_2084.JPG

NICE! 4 days is getting it done!

Congrats. Must have been a fun trip, but you're very fortunate driving an unknown 53 year old car that distance with no issues.

1669321718387.png

Last edited:
Congratulations on your score and your uneventful road trip. Looks like a solid car.

Congrats on the safe journey:drinks:. Got a sore *** after all those miles in a not so comfortable seat?

Glad it was a good run for you with no problems :thumbsup:

Thats cool.

I gave thoughts to do that when i bought mine.

My insurance man asked if I would reconsider it.

Ended up having it shipped.
But there are times i wished I had driven it .
Single digit mpgs be dammed

Last edited:
Way to go man! I’m sure you’ll never forget that 4 day trip. What a way to get to know your new ride. Can’t think of a better way to do it IMO. And thanks for reporting back!

I think one of the great thing about musclecars is they were designed to go on long trips/across the country.

Congrats on your purchase and successful trip!

Great car, great trip! After that adventure I don't think I would touch a thing on the car, it's obviously great as is.

Awesome. What a testament to the drivability of that car (and potentially all of our old Mopars)and you taking the chance. Inspirational. Thanks for sharing your experience. Not many of can say they have done something like that recently. Congratulations

Congratulations on your purchase and your safe trip.
CA gas might be crap but at least it's expensive.

I took a few such trips when I was younger and had few qualms about grabbing a couple of friends and heading down,up. Sideways on the freeway to where ever it was going to take us. Always I'm some POS ride that most would be afraid to on a 30 mile camping trip. But most of you know how we were back then - full of adventure and abandonment. My most memorable was a spur of the moment trip from Mpls to Seattle - in the Winter. The car was an old dodge. Can't remember the make - small, old and ready for the bone yard. We had a few tools and a little know how so off we went. First time we broke down in Butte, Montana. Jacked up the car, loosened the motor mounts PoppEd put the starter and walked a few blocks to the nearest auto parts store. Dropped it back in and off we went. Made it the rest of the way stayed a few days, had a few nickel amd dime problems but nothing serious. Then on tne way back started to have starter problems again. Couldn't get it to start for thing but knew it was the starter. Pretty much out of money - just enough for gas. We were in MontAna again- in the mountains. No spare coin - I just remember pushing that rat trap to a decline and pushing- It down the hill until the starter engaged - so there it was we drove the car all the way from Western Montana to Mpls w/o ever turning it off again - even for gas. This was a long time ago and my recollection was that doing what we did and popping the clutch gave you ability to start the car - this car was an automatic but that old trick worked anyway - don't really remember why, But it got us home.

I took a few such trips when I was younger and had few qualms about grabbing a couple of friends and heading down,up. Sideways on the freeway to where ever it was going to take us. Always I'm some POS ride that most would be afraid to on a 30 mile camping trip. But most of you know how we were back then - full of adventure and abandonment. My most memorable was a spur of the moment trip from Mpls to Seattle - in the Winter. The car was an old dodge. Can't remember the make - small, old and ready for the bone yard. We had a few tools and a little know how so off we went. First time we broke down in Butte, Montana. Jacked up the car, loosened the motor mounts PoppEd put the starter and walked a few blocks to the nearest auto parts store. Dropped it back in and off we went. Made it the rest of the way stayed a few days, had a few nickel amd dime problems but nothing serious. Then on tne way back started to have starter problems again. Couldn't get it to start for thing but knew it was the starter. Pretty much out of money - just enough for gas. We were in MontAna again- in the mountains. No spare coin - I just remember pushing that rat trap to a decline and pushing- It down the hill until the starter engaged - so there it was we drove the car all the way from Western Montana to Mpls w/o ever turning it off again - even for gas. This was a long time ago and my recollection was that doing what we did and popping the clutch gave you ability to start the car - this car was an automatic but that old trick worked anyway - don't really remember why, But it got us home.
The cast iron transmissions from the early days had rear pumps along with front pumps. You had to get going faster than a manual car, but it would roll start.

Auto Transport Service
Back