• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finished up with another new N/SS project

Do you all go to Kil-Kare, National Trails, Edgewater or Indy during the course of the year?
Definately be at Trails for the NSS Bash. Either Indy NMCA or the Mopar event at Norwalk.

Doug

Funny story. Entered my 64 racecar at Autorama 2013. The desk guys asked me how my show season was going. I explained the car had just been completed. The said what about the rest of the season? I asked what did they mean? They answered when does you show season end? I said Sunday. Car will be at the track when it opens in 6 weeks. The guy said you're not acually going to race it? That was over 850 passes ago.
Doug

Definately be at Trails for the NSS Bash. Either Indy NMCA or the Mopar event at Norwalk.

Doug
I go to the US Nationals every year & try & do bucket list track. My very first National event was Spring Nationals @ National Trails 1978, kinda have a soft spot for that track. Norwalk, what a great place & well ran, great place for fans & racers. Will have to look into NSS, to be honest, never seen or heard about it. Nothing better than Nostalgia Mopar drag cars. Best of luck racing this year. Appreciate the information Doug

Ron

The Dave Duell Classic NMCA Indy race is usually the biggest draw. Nearly 80 cars in N/SS last year.
Doug

Ernie Miyamoto from Motofab inc. 2 1/8" - 2 1/4" stepped, 4" collector. It'll be interesting to see how it runs vs mine. His is 540" vs my 580". My headers are 2 1/8" with a 3 1/2" collector. Both have similar compression, cam, carbs, intake. He has 572-13 heads vs my -1's. His is an 8" converter, mine is 9 1/2". Both 4.10. 1 run 10.5x31. His is 10.5x29.5. His motor should keep making power past my 7000.
Doug
Doug I imagine the Polara is quite a bit "girthier" than your Plymouth?
Damn beautiful car.

Doug I imagine the Polara is quite a bit "girthier" than your Plymouth?
Damn beautiful car.
What Johns Dodge has going for it; KB aluminum block vs my 275lb Mega block. John weighs 140 to my 200. Front and rear glass bumpers, glass fenders vs my steel bumpers and fenders. Kirky seats are 8lbs lighter than my Homemade seats.

What my Plymouth has going for it; Car itself is 4" shorter. Sedans are lighter than H/T. Chrome moly cage vs d.o.m. steel. 5 gallon cell vs 15 gallon. Steering shaft and strut rods are tubing. Billet Specialties wheels vs cast Torque Thrusts. Rear window is lexan vs stock glass. Carbon fiber lift off hood vs hinged fiberglass hood. Mine doesn't have a backseat, console, front window regulators, or pot metal gauge cluster in dash. The cars are virtually identical otherwise. His physical weight along with the block, fenders, bumpers, seats, and block give him roughly a 280lb head start. We will weigh both on the same scales in a few weeks. It could be very close, maybe even lighter. My bet is I'll be about 3290 lbs with driver and full 5 gallons of fuel race ready.
Doug

Last edited:
What Johns Dodge has going for it; KB aluminum block vs my 275lb Mega block. John weighs 140 to my 200. Front and rear glass bumpers, glass fenders vs my steel bumpers and fenders. Kirky seats are 8lbs lighter than my Homemade seats.

What my Plymouth has going for it; Car itself is 4" shorter. Sedans are lighter than H/T. Chrome moly cage vs d.o.m. steel. 5 gallon cell vs 15 gallon. Steering shaft and strut rods are tubing. Billet Specialties wheels vs cast Torque Thrusts. Rear window is lexan vs stock glass. Carbon fiber lift off hood vs hinged fiberglass hood. Mine doesn't have a backseat, console, front window regulators, or pot metal gauge cluster in dash. The cars are virtually identical otherwise. His physical weight along with the block, fenders, bumpers, seats, and block give him roughly a 280lb head start. We will weigh both on the same scales in a few weeks. It could be very close, maybe even lighter. My bet is I'll be about 3290 lbs with driver and full 5 gallons of fuel race ready.
Doug
The weight advantages or disadvantages may be a surface conversation, but that car as beautiful as it is, still has to iron out the new combo kinks and not get drunk over its own power out on the groove.

The weight advantages or disadvantages may be a surface conversation, but that car as beautiful as it is, still has to iron out the new combo kinks and not get drunk over its own power out on the groove.
True John has never been quicker than 11.3 so it's going to be a slow learning curve.
Doug

I was 21 and never drove a really fast car. Put that crossram I posted in a 62 Dodge Dart auto 5.13's. Took out in the street hit it covered 150' before I could see where I was going. Got out of the car shaking some. Got back in I knew what was coming. Drive train was modeled CC's Project Hemi Cuda. dvw's friend has a way faster car.

Awesome. And you mentioned you wired the car. Is there a specific kit or brand you like?
I used a ARC switch panel to drive water pump, fans, fuel pump, oil accumulator solenoid. The stock taillight and headlight harness were modified (no firewall plug). The rest is wired with rolls of wire and relays purchased seperately. In addition to the ARC fuse block a secondary new style fuse block was added just below the ashtray. The heater temp control runs the line lock. I like the relays close to what ever is being driven. The fan and water pump relays are on the motor plate. Fuel pump relay is next to the battery. The engine compartment and headlamp wiring is hidden in the right front frame rail.
Doug

20210313_150010.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back