• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

firm feel vs borgeson

Ok guys finished the borgensen install today. The cars owner says it drives great. The pitman arm was a quick ratio and it helped the car.
Whoa....You do know that adding the Fast Ratio Pitman arm, the ratio of 14 to 1 is now around 10.5 to 1 ? That seems like it would be too fast for anything but autocross.
This has me curious.

Actually I was wrong.. Its just a standard power steering pitman arm.. I mistakenly said it was a fast ratio. It just looked a bit different from the manual arm.

Ok, thanks! I was wondering about that.
I read that the NASCAR Mopars in the 60s and 70s used a 20 to 1 manual unit. You surely don't want a 200 mph car twitchy at those speeds! Autocross or rally drivers want a really fast ratio though.

who has a 20.1 ratio gearbox all i ever see is 16.1 or 24.1. what make mopar has a 20.1

Finally was able to grab some pictures of the install. Not hard at all with one exception that was putting the ujoint style coupler on. I had to sand down the shaft to get it to fit. Here are the pictures of the borgeson kit installed.
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG

Yes it did,also the spacers needed to line up the belts. The first roll pin hole walked on me a bit. But i managed to end up getting it straight. You can see in one picture the roll pin hole is egg shaped. After that the other 2 went well.

Yes it did,also the spacers needed to line up the belts. The first roll pin hole walked on me a bit. But i managed to end up getting it straight. You can see in one picture the roll pin hole is egg shaped. After that the other 2 went well.
I bought mine a few years ago already just putting it on i have a double bracket (both sides of water pump housing) that came with mine but yours is thicker, looks alot cleaner, I ended up making spacers from an alternator kit.

Well going from manual to power is a big difference right off the bat. Its not my car but the owner says it feels like a new car. He compared it to his daily driver 2017 impala steering wise. He says it drives and feels totally different even from his yellow GTX. No slop nothing wierd. Just drives good.

Yes single bracket super thick and all the hardware. The coupler even came with a drillbit for the roll pin. I'd say it all went together well.

Auto Transport Service
Back