• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin, that's awesome that you are in Columbus! I'm 2 hours north of National Trails. I hope this means that I'll finally get to see that GTX in person at the Nats and possibly Carlisle...:thumbsup:

Justin, that's awesome that you are in Columbus! I'm 2 hours north of National Trails. I hope this means that I'll finally get to see that GTX in person at the Nats and possibly Carlisle...:thumbsup:
Chris

You are always welcome to swing by if your in the area.....The Nats will be in 2019 for the X....

Justin

I must AGREE its to short warm and to long cold,30 yrs in cincy,sold the boat ,down 2 1 convertible car had 4, motorcycle nut 4 over 45 yrs,,family issues force staying SUCKS,,I will take AZ or TX any day of the week, AZ prefered,,,,SALT O THE SALT,,,worst ohio toxic waste,,,,,nats r 90 minutes away,only good 2 say ...o well beautiful X!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must AGREE its to short warm and to long cold,30 yrs in cincy,sold the boat ,down 2 1 convertible car had 4, motorcycle nut 4 over 45 yrs,,family issues force staying SUCKS,,I will take AZ or TX any day of the week, AZ prefered,,,,SALT O THE SALT,,,worst ohio toxic waste,,,,,nats r 90 minutes away,only good 2 say ...o well beautiful X!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol...should I say thanks?:screwy:

I have lived in Pittsburgh.....also in Virignia.......throw in Tennessee as well...For me it was a tremendous opportunity and two it is closer to family....Everyone has an opinion for each state and trust me you wouldn't enjoy mine in regards to the Texas summers......In the end. I make the most out of where I live and I also enjoy the fruitage of what is offered....

Ohio??!!??!! Round on the sides and hi in the middle lol. I grew up south of Cincy in N Ky and can't say I miss the weather but I'm glad you are close to family now and that's what matters. And you are right next door to the MoparNats :) Glad the move went well.

....have you had Skyline Chili? A little different than Texas chili but something I always crave.

Mark

Ohio??!!??!! Round on the sides and hi in the middle lol. I grew up south of Cincy in N Ky and can't say I miss the weather but I'm glad you are close to family now and that's what matters. And you are right next door to the MoparNats :) Glad the move went well.

....have you had Skyline Chili? A little different than Texas chili but something I always crave.

Mark
Mark

Thanks my friend! We finally finished the last box and filled a storage unit, lol.....

Everything went very well but realistically, I have no interest doing this again.....it's a big task.....next time all I will do is point a finger....lol....

Thanks for the info on the chili. I will have to try that.....

Justin

Mark

Thanks my friend! We finally finished the last box and filled a storage unit, lol.....

Everything went very well but realistically, I have no interest doing this again.....it's a big task.....next time all I will do is point a finger....lol....

Thanks for the info on the chili. I will have to try that.....

Justin
You'll point for everything...........except the GTX.

Justin pointed me to this thread. Great story and even greater car. Best of luck in November!! Represent Justin!!!
So sorry about your Dad. R.I.P.

Justin pointed me to this thread. Great story and even greater car. Best of luck in November!! Represent Justin!!!
So sorry about your Dad. R.I.P.
I will represent my Pops and the members here well.....without him and the support base here, I am not sure how things would have turned out.....

I cannot thank all you guys here enough....some members I will see in person at the show and for the ones that cannot make it....well.....there will be some video action for them to view :D

Thank you for the compliments IB!

I will represent my Pops and the members here well.....without him and the support base here, I am not sure how things would have turned out.....

I cannot thank all you guys here enough....some members I will see in person at the show and for the ones that cannot make it....well.....there will be some video action for them to view :D

Thank you for the compliments IB!

What Justin is cryptically saying is that he couldn't have done it without me. He knows what an influence I am and he simply, and kindly, didn't want to put me on the spot.

And now you know the rest of the story. Carry on.

This unit does not have a date stamp. Typically they are on the large rivet or on the end in front of the 2 studs in the middle. The large rivet has a distinct look and they way it was pressed on. They guys restoring this and taking them apart use an incorrect large rivet and a incorrect release rod rivet!
View attachment 414708 View attachment 414709 View attachment 414710 View attachment 414711 View attachment 414712 View attachment 414713 View attachment 414714

###Anyone notice the RIVET on the release arm?###
The outfits that redo these units use a standard rivet and are not correct. The original type is no longer available. It has a smooth round head and pressed on, see pic above. I have a little trick to share here. Save your old one and attach the rod with a rivet. The grind the rivet head a little bit and grind the stud on the original one off....A little epoxy and wallah, original again!!!
@Varangi Can you explain why you disagreed with this post?

Holy cow I drop in to see if there's been any developments to find your now a fello Ohioan!!! Your about 2 hours away which means I'll get to check out that sweet ride in person and possibly see you at the Nats. If your ever headed up 77 in my neck of the woods let me know, you're welcome to stop by. So did I miss exactly what brought you here, what new gig did you land?

Holy cow I drop in to see if there's been any developments to find your now a fello Ohioan!!! Your about 2 hours away which means I'll get to check out that sweet ride in person and possibly see you at the Nats. If your ever headed up 77 in my neck of the woods let me know, you're welcome to stop by. So did I miss exactly what brought you here, what new gig did you land?

Thanks my friend and yes were are neighbors! I do appreciate your invite and would love to see your sweet ride in person....The same offer here is extended to you as well.

What brought me here was a place that tried back in 2008 and this time it worked out. Same career just a different organization....

Today, was my first day back to the bump and grind and the ever so wonderful orientation.....Traffic was a breeze....

Couldn't be happier

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back