• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't beat that original piss-poor Chrysler quality!!!

View attachment 537085
tiz9p.jpg

I've seen a grill floating around on ebay that claimed to be nos and it was over $4k so I would lock that thing up in a safe! They are so expensive that I would not have bought my car if it wasn't included with the parts lol. I am happy with my "been there, done that" looking grill :)

Justin, still looking great!

Mark
Mark

Well, in case if your wondering it is not that eBay grille your referring to above....

I got this one for a phenomenal price and this NOS would fly out the door for 4k....lol....

Yeap, for a 69 GTX you better have a nice grille, tail panel, taillight housing's and the infamous hockey stick or out better be prepared for a big pocket hurt.....

When I come across spares and ones this nice at a great price....Well, it's my money and my car....so I am happy with that...

Justin

That is a very good philosophy, Justin. Those of us who are keeping our cars and passing them down to family when we are gone should collect hard to find spares for future need if we are able.

Mark

Well, in case if your wondering it is not that eBay grille your referring to above....

I got this one for a phenomenal price and this NOS would fly out the door for 4k....lol....

Yeap, for a 69 GTX you better have a nice grille, tail panel, taillight housing's and the infamous hockey stick or out better be prepared for a big pocket hurt.....

When I come across spares and ones this nice at a great price....Well, it's my money and my car....so I am happy with that...

Justin

Yep, I would have snapped it up too! My tailpanel and tail light housings are pitted but they are there. Hopefully I can find better used ones in the future. But for now if I drive fast enough no one will notice the pits lol!

That is a very good philosophy, Justin. Those of us who are keeping our cars and passing them down to family when we are gone should collect hard to find spares for future need if we are able.
Roger

Especially, when it comes to.maintanance parts. When an NOS fuel pump goes out and when that happens where will you final another.....Good Parts can always be sold but finding them and in a crunch is a different story.......

Justin

Yep, I would have snapped it up too! My tailpanel and tail light housings are pitted but they are there. Hopefully I can find better used ones in the future. But for now if I drive fast enough no one will notice the pits lol!
The nos one on the X I got from Nacho....He had about 11 at one time but are all sold....if I run across one I will let you know....I am always looking for X parts

Regarding the fuel system, that will probably be upgraded to EFI for reliability when I pass it on to my my daughter and son-in-law since they don't know how to work on a carbureted engine.

Justin what's your opinion on rebuilding an original pump, I have the original off my car.
Having NOS parts on hand is great. When I bought my car didn't have much money but bought some parts . New truck panel, $22.85 from dealer and a NOS grill from a guy $120. No extra money for the 3 extra trunk panel he had at $120 each.

The nos one on the X I got from Nacho....He had about 11 at one time but are all sold....if I run across one I will let you know....I am always looking for X parts
Awesome, I appreciate it! I remember when Nacho had a couple left and I was a few days late on the last one in responding.

Justin what's your opinion on rebuilding an original pump, I have the original off my car.
Having NOS parts on hand is great. When I bought my car didn't have much money but bought some parts . New truck panel, $22.85 from dealer and a NOS grill from a guy $120. No extra money for the 3 extra trunk panel he had at $120 each.
Personally, I have never had one rebuilt nor know anyone that has. That being said if I had an original fail and replaced with an NOS one. I would explore getting the original one rebuilt and not throw it away.....

Have you had one done yourself?

These are some I have saved...
http://www.classiccadillacwaterpumpsforsale.com/fupurese.html

http://arthurgouldrebuilders.com/

AG rebuilt the original water pump on the X

Looks filling. I hope that's the receipt and not a list of side effects caused by eating that. hehe
If the boss saw that I would be in big trouble...Don't piss off an Italian.....Work to me is to enjoy in the sweet world of unhealthy eating.....Side effects included at no charge, lol....

Dinner...That is the wholefoods/Central Market healthy blah blah BS....Better than nothing but not better than the Breakfast meat/cheese burrito I had at Sonic this AM, lol.....Good thing I workout 5 days a week..

I grew up on a farm and lived the traditional country cooking....I am sure I am the only one in my neighborhood that cooks a salt cured ham a couple times a year....Just did that a week ago...My poor dog never drank so much water in her life, lol....

Take some of that Ham, warn cornbread and some molasses/honey and a nice tall cup of Tea.....That's my Wholefoods, literally lol....

Great Score Justin! You've got mad skills at finding NOS parts.

Great Score Justin! You've got mad skills at finding NOS parts.
Some of the parts are just a matter of chance....

Problem is I am not finding anything on my short list but the short list are all virtually "unobtainable".....Some people I know have a few on my list but they are saving them for their builds...Whats wrong with them, lol...

The fuel pump on my old Hemi Charger was original as was the water pump, alternator & starter. The starter was fine & I sent out the water pump & alternator for rebuilding, but I did rebuild the fuel pump myself.

The fuel pump on my old Hemi Charger was original as was the water pump, alternator & starter. The starter was fine & I sent out the water pump & alternator for rebuilding, but I did rebuild the fuel pump myself.
The hemi pump is serviceable...the 440 pump is not.....

Justin, glad you survived the man burger and fries. I hope your pump won't need rebuilding very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back