• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, do you have a picture of the rubber bumpers for the license plate frame. I'm not sure I have the correct ones in place.
Thanks Tim....

Post #1776 shows one of the 2 bumpers and below that I am pointing where they go...

Justin

Is that the same bumper as used at the top? Do you have pictures of them? I am just not sure as I can't the the other side of them. Hidden by the chrome bumper and your fingers. Thanks

Is that the same bumper as used at the top? Do you have pictures of them? I am just not sure as I can't the the other side of them. Hidden by the chrome bumper and your fingers. Thanks
Which "top" are you referring to Tim?

These are not them because I don't have access to them at the moment...Below is a pic of reproduction but the look is the same...

s-l1600.jpg

Looks amazing Justin! I know how pissed you were about the guards. Now lets see a picture of that baby back where it belongs.

Looks amazing Justin! I know how pissed you were about the guards. Now lets see a picture of that baby back where it belongs.
Thanks Roger....

As soon as I get my qualified helper over it will be on at some point....A charger bumper is easily to do solo but this is a hunk of steel and parts....requires 2 peeps...

Justin

I agree, I got mine on by myself, but I won't attempt that again!

I went out to the mailbox a bit ago....freezing cold 39 degrees all while pouring rain.....To get the usual junk mail/bill but there was something in there that was different. I have this card addressed to my wife and next to that, "and her boy toy" I was like WTH is this...some kind of prank? I rip this puppy open like a hungry fat kid with a potato chip bag....Wallah check this out!

Really, uplifted my evening and I was amazed at the thoughtfulness of this gift. I mentioned this place months ago to the great cranium....I cannot say which is better "the thought" and the food is so freaking good there or "the gift".....They both are Awesome!

This is a real friend.....Mark, thank you very much for this wonderful gift.....I know exactly what I am going to get tomorrow!

Again, I cannot thank you enough:thumbsup:

IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG
IMG_1684.jpg

Last edited:
I went out to the mailbox a bit ago....freezing cold 39 degrees all while pouring rain.....To get the usual junk mail/bill but there was something in there that was different. I have this card addressed to my wife and next to that, "and her boy toy" I was like WTH is this...some kind of prank? I rip this puppy open like a hungry fat kid with a potato chip bag....Wallah check this out!

Really, uplifted my evening and I was amazed at the thoughtfulness of this gift. I mentioned this place months ago to the great cranium....I cannot say which is better "the thought" and the food is so freaking good there or "the gift".....They both are Awesome!

This is a real friend.....Mark, thank you very much for this wonderful gift.....I know exactly what I am going to get tomorrow!

Again, I cannot thank you enough:thumbsup:

View attachment 551849 View attachment 551850 View attachment 551851 View attachment 551852

Dude, I really love that guy! Funny as Hell.

So this afternoon was rather quiet and I decided to tackle the rear bumper....Brought Nat out and asked her to she is she could handle this....She said, "no problem." So I got everything setup and we pit the bumper on and it just didn't fit right and couldn't get the bolts attached....

This is where taking detailed pictures prior to body work come in handy when needed.....

It obviously was hitting something and not able to move up. So slipped the bumper off and checked over the rear of the car...Then I found the problems. When they replaced the trunk pan and the upper rear panel the body shop didn't trim the lip extended from the pan and the 4 notch areas to allow for the bucket arms to have clearance and around the gas cap...

After a couple hours I got those areas trimmed out and touched up....Grabbed my helper and the bumper went right on as it should have. It was late and I just put a couple bolts to hold it and to snap a picture. This week I will wrap it up....Original hardware was phosphated.

Seems like were getting closer to a cruise through the neighborhood! NICE!

DSC02414.JPG
DSC02415.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG

Not the best pics but the rear bumper is finished(will take some in the daylight tomorrow). With the exceptions on connecting the reverse lights and the license plate light. I recently acquired a nice original rear tail light harness to replace the reproduction one. Some of the webbing was gone but it is on its way to get new factory like webbing replaced. When I get that back I will post posts of it.....

IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG

Such a romantic!!!

:rofl:
That was the high dollar dinner the night before.....this was pure adrenaline behind the X masterpiece, lol....:D

Wait...slap slap....wake up J....Mfer go back to the dream, go back.....ohh well back to the usual routine....

Last edited:
I always like this stage of car building. Nothing like shiny new parts going on. That thing is gonna be a stunner...

I always like this stage of car building. Nothing like shiny new parts going on. That thing is gonna be a stunner...
Very true....it makes such a huge difference....

Thank you for the compliment HR!

Justin

Knocking things off my to do list....Switch out carbs with the correct carb rebuilt/restored by Scott Harms....He does a fantastic job to say the least and proof is in the pictures. Every card is ran on an engine and dialed in and sent to the customer....

All I had to adjust was idle...thats it....

IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back