• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. What's on the list to complete? Looks like Paul's was true to their 6 week turn around, that's fantastic.

Also you mention judging several times through the thread, what or where do Mopars get judged? I'm familiar with other events and groups like NCRS, MCACN, AACA... I'm not familiar with the Mopar events I guess.

Looks great. What's on the list to complete? Looks like Paul's was true to their 6 week turn around, that's fantastic.

Also you mention judging several times through the thread, what or where do Mopars get judged? I'm familiar with other events and groups like NCRS, MCACN, AACA... I'm not familiar with the Mopar events I guess.
Thanks for the compliments!

I have 2 lists a finish list and an NOS parts list....The finish list has just a few simple things. I am waiting on another lower dash pad and trim piece from IS, carb tag, rear taillight harness(replace repro), put on dog dishes and brake plugs(waiting to drive around the block to see if any adjustments need to be made)...

The NOS list is a whole another animal and thankfully it is at gas tank, dated sending unit, dated front brake hoses, dated rear brake hose, lower ball joints, positive battery cable, 3 nos spark plug wires(I have 5)....Basically, a list of impossible to find parts....but as they are found they will be replaced....

As far as judging goes in the Mopar arena....The common key ones are Carlisle, Nats and MCACN.....AACA are not stringent on finishes and allow paints to mimic them which is why along with other reasons never fancied them...

Below is the organization I only recognize as the authority and the judges they employ at those particular Mopar events...

http://www.iccahome.org/

Justin

Nice! Will you have the car @ Carlisle this coming year? I'm always at Carlisle, I'm less than an hour from there and seem to find myself there for a bunch of events each year. It would be great to see the car.

Nice! Will you have the car @ Carlisle this coming year? I'm always at Carlisle, I'm less than an hour from there and seem to find myself there for a bunch of events each year. It would be great to see the car.
It will be at MCACN....Carlisle was the second choice....but being indoors at a cooler time of the year and the quality of cars of all brands was the prime consideration for it's debut...

Don't get me wrong I basically grew up at Carlisle and it is a wonderful show with beautiful rides but I wanted a different venue that caters to high quality builds of all brands indoors....

Thanks for the compliments!

I have 2 lists a finish list and an NOS parts list....The finish list has just a few simple things. I am waiting on another lower dash pad and trim piece from IS, carb tag, rear taillight harness(replace repro), put on dog dishes and brake plugs(waiting to drive around the block to see if any adjustments need to be made)...

The NOS list is a whole another animal and thankfully it is at gas tank, dated sending unit, dated front brake hoses, dated rear brake hose, lower ball joints, positive battery cable, 3 nos spark plug wires(I have 5)....Basically, a list of impossible to find parts....but as they are found they will be replaced....

As far as judging goes in the Mopar arena....The common key ones are Carlisle, Nats and MCACN.....AACA are not stringent on finishes and allow paints to mimic them which is why along with other reasons never fancied them...

Below is the organization I only recognize as the authority and the judges they employ at those particular Mopar events...

http://www.iccahome.org/

Justin
I’d like to see them judge mine... hahaha

It will be at MCACN....Carlisle was the second choice....but being indoors at a cooler time of the year and the quality of cars of all brands was the prime consideration for it's debut...

Don't get me wrong I basically grew up at Carlisle and it is a wonderful show with beautiful rides but I wanted a different venue that caters to high quality builds of all brands indoors....

Soooooooo that means someone will be in Chicago next year in November, eh?? :poke:

Soooooooo that means someone will be in Chicago next year in November, eh?? :poke:
That means you better be there in person with the boss in-tow....

240_F_174129087_5jOdFJOaZdgU6bQax4j5azrMz1l72nlx.jpg

:thumbsup:

Justin, do you have exact dates for the events? If I can plan far enough head, I can go see my dad in Indiana and we can make the trip to Chicago to see your car at the show.
Brian

It is always the weekend before Thanksgiving....17th and 18th 2018 Would be great to see you and your pops there if possible....

http://www.mcacn.com/

Justin

That's it right there baby. THE BEST!!

And it's all my treat. No ifs ands or buts. You are a guest at my joint, your money is no good here!!

not to get off subject " PERFECT GTX" I WAS born and raised CHICAGO
the official pizza of DA CUBS is GEORDANOS,as good as lou's or better depending who you talk to ,,,also HOME RUN INN does a great flat pizza,what Chicago pizza really means is all the MOM and POP pizza joints ALL OVER tri-state ,,,IL,WI,IN,, THAT DO A AUWSOME JOB ALSO,,PATS ON NORTHSIDE<LEDOS in west suburban Countryside ,,,the list is endless to a HOME TOWN DUDE <<<enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back