• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fort Meyers

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Wife and I will be in the Fort Meyers area over Thanksgiving weekend. Looking for some things to do. Wife likes shopping. I think the Ford/Edison estates look interesting. We are staying on Pine Island, that is where my mom lives. I don’t mind driving, so if anyone has ideas I am open to suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Fort Myers Beach is a great area to visit. 440'

I second Fort Myers beach. They have restaurants/bars right on the beach and they have live music
:thumbsup:

If you want to drive this far, go to Cherry Pocket fish camp in Lake Wales. Old Florida at its finest. Low key. Geezers with Guitars on weekends. Go anytime. Will be gone soon. West Coast of Florida is congested as hell. Just let the Canadiens in too. They are filling up the Doctors Offices. Lots of “Don’t New York my Florida bumper stickers too.
40EBCAE5-95B5-4744-BB2D-24C6E63BF6E4.png

Last edited:
There's usually some Cruise In's around the area, maybe Saturday mornings ? I know folks there, and they always talk about them. I think the Turkey Rod Run is in FL that weekend, but not Ft Myers.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but the traffic in FT. Myers ( actually ALL of florida) is really bad.. Gridlock 24/7

They let the Canadiens in. They are going to Doctor appointments.

Have been to that area since 2005 at least once a year, often twice and love it there. Than Corona came and as a European, you know...:( Still have stuff there stored with good friends, hope they stil keep it.

Shopping there is at Miromar Outlets next to I 75, approx. 80 minutes from Pine Island (depending on where you stay there). Or go to Coastland Mall in Naples. Always travel with my wife, so I do know what you mean:D
Matlacha on Pine Island is fun if you like crazy people and art, there is Bert`s Bar in Matlacha, always worth a visit (for me). Sitting outside and just enjoy or have a night out with live music there.
Do not miss to visit Sanibel Island, go to Lighthouse Beach there and take the Sanibel walk (collecting shells early in the morning), it is one of the best places for it in the world! Go up north there to Captiva Island (connected with Sanibel and to reach only via Sanibel). Check on the mansions there and cry about your poverty:(. Bubble Room is a fun place to eat there.
Ford and Edison in FM ist nice, the old town of FM as well. There is a flew market on weekends (fleamaster fleamarket) about 10 minutes form downtowm FM to the east, sometimes worth a visit if you are in for such a thing.

If you have enough time go to the Everglades, it is only about a short ride from FM (approx. 70 minutes). Take the I 75 to Naples and change to the old 41 there, you will find the smallest post office on old 41, can take an airboat ride in Everglades city and see lots of gators all around. Do not stop for a "men`s break" in the woods, gators are almost everywhere:lol:

You will love it there, enjoy and have a great time.

omoskito

Went to the Edison-Ford Estates today. Well worth the stop. I wish we would have known about the Christmas lighting tonight. My wife and I both enjoyed

Up at 3:15 this am so we would have plenty of time to get to airport and get checked in. Get out to the rental car and the battery was dead. Called the Budget emergency services and gave them the information. They said you will get a text within 5 minutes. Half hour later I called and woke up my mother, she did not have jumper cables so she took us to the airport. I did get a call from the jump start company saying we can be there in 90 minutes or 2 hours. I said cancel that. I called emergency service again to tell them we left and they would need a tow truck to get the car. They informed me that since I abandoned the vehicle I would be responsible for any damage there is to the car. Like everything else no one wants to take responsibility for the car stranding me and dam near missing my flight. Now I have been on hold for 45 minutes trying to get ahold of customer service to make sure they are not charging me for not returning the car. Every 45 seconds they tell me to go online to resolve your issues. Yeah like that will work! There is no help on that website

Who did you rent from? Man you’re hard on stuff. Uber.

Auto Transport Service
Back