• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forty Years.

trimmer

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Forty years ago today I married my beautiful redheaded wife Janet. I call her Red, she was twenty one then and I was twenty five ten days away from being twenty six. Now her fire red hair has faded to honey blond and my blond hair has either fallen out or changed to a bright white color. After all these years she still lights my fire and makes me very complete. I hope all you other members have a great life like I have had with Red.
Bill

met my wife in 91....we married 7/5/97 ..she was 21 and I was 25 when we met.....been through hell and back..her red hair is now blonde and most of my blonde hair is out down the drain..last Friday night she pulled 17 picture albums out we spent 4 hours looking at them!!!!...life is good over here!!!

congratulation's to both of you July 1, will be my 42nd wed. annv. she has handled the changes with time real good I not so well ,kind of look like and old diamond in the ruff .:eek:lder OS: so now you no why my nice photo of me.

Awesome. Y'all are an inspiration to us young bucks.

I`ll be honest with all of you guys its not a straight path to get this far its a winding up hill rough battle and a lot of hardships to go to ,but in the long run its dam well worth it.:headbang:

Congrats to you and your wife for sticking together for the long haul. You don't make it this far without being best friends. My beautiful wife and I just made it to 42 years and I can't imagine what my life would have been like without her. One of her great qualities is that she loves old cars as much as I do, and you can't beat that.

Congrats Trimmer, keep on goin'.

Congrats Trimmer a good one is getting hard to find these days. I wish you many more. By the way which of your cars happens to be the wifes favorite or does she like them all?

Ive been with my wife a little over 41 years now, This past My 28th gave us 37 years married, I hope for you and your wife as i do for me and mine that we have many more healthy and happy years Bill! Congratulations from Sue and i bud!!!

Forty years ago today I married my beautiful redheaded wife Janet. I call her Red, she was twenty one then and I was twenty five ten days away from being twenty six. Now her fire red hair has faded to honey blond and my blond hair has either fallen out or changed to a bright white color. After all these years she still lights my fire and makes me very complete. I hope all you other members have a great life like I have had with Red.
Bill

Congrats Bill, 40 years is a long time - Keep up the good work! - 40 more to go!

I have always liked this song and can relate...

[video=youtube;EYGwxf1gCC4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYGwxf1gCC4[/video]

Bill

Congrats Bill and Janet!! that's awesome! :party::party:

My Parents just celebrated their 40th yesterday.

Pics. Then. Now.

:worthless_thread:

Way to go Bill & Red :headbang:

My parents must be due to celebrate 50 years of marriage....afterall, my 50th birthday is only a few weeks away :rolling::rolling::rolling:

A belated, happy 40th anniversary

23 years ago this last labor day weekend I first laid eyes on my bride. I wason my back after falling out of amoving jeep. She kicked open the door of the bar with a guy she had in a headlock! Thats right a 5ft 4 in 125 lb bouncer/bartender. I took her to dinner the next night she has been with me ever since. She is my best friend and has been by my side all along good times and bad. Now that we raised all the kids we care to (18) we spend 24 hours a day together and wouldn't have it any other way

congrats Trimmer to you and your wife I was 18 and my wife was 19 when we got married it was 36 year ago

Congrats Trimmer a good one is getting hard to find these days. I wish you many more. By the way which of your cars happens to be the wifes favorite or does she like them all?

If you asked her what was her all time favorite car she will say '67 Cougar Eliminator. But I bet you will have a very hard time getting her to part with her Sebring conv. She has always been a car buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys for all these great stories.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys for all these great stories. I'll have to gather some pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back