• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found a 69 bee...

northerndave

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Right under my nose, hiding in clear sight.

69 WM23, numbers matching 383, auto trans, bench seat car, red with black vinyl top. N96 hood, seems to all be there, partially disassembled. Engine has fresh rebuild, has not gone back into the car yet.

I've seen photos of the car and fender tag, couldn't make out much on the fender tag photo but I did make out the WM23 and the N96. And it does still have the hood & related components in good shape.

More info to come.

I'm fresh off a 69 road runner build so much of this is still fresh in my mind. That being said, is there anything "bee specific" I should be looking for?

Right under my nose, hiding in clear sight.

69 WM23, numbers matching 383, auto trans, bench seat car, red with black vinyl top. N96 hood, seems to all be there, partially disassembled. Engine has fresh rebuild, has not gone back into the car yet.

I've seen photos of the car and fender tag, couldn't make out much on the fender tag photo but I did make out the WM23 and the N96. And it does still have the hood & related components in good shape.

More info to come.

I'm fresh off a 69 road runner build so much of this is still fresh in my mind. That being said, is there anything "bee specific" I should be looking for?

.....normal stuff for me, but numbers matching is a nice touch and obviously the condition of the body. If the 383 is numbers engine, you have a really good find there, but if not the N96 option is very desirable too.

My partner on the potential project, is looking at the car right now. So, I should have some decent feedback from him soon.

The owner was confident that the engine matches the VIN. I specifically asked him if the stamping by the passenger motor mount matched the VIN on the dash, he said yes.

The suspense is KILLING me...

Talked to my partner, he doesn't always share my imaginative vision on these things. But, he is very interested, sees the potential here.

Well, if he's thinking it's worth buying then I guess I have to drive down and look at it. Probably take off tonight, drive half ways, spend the night at my folks place and finish the drive tomorrow to look at the car.

I coded out the tag.

st Louis super bee, 383HP engine, 3 spd auto trans. R6 red paint, black vinyl top. H2X interior "high level black vinyl bench"

A01 "light group"

A31 Axle code "high perf axle package hemi suspension and cooling, 3.91 ratio"

A62 rallye instrument cluster
G33 driver remote side mirror
J25 variable speed wipers with washer
M22 drip rail moldings
M46 quarter side scoops
N85 tachometer
N96 fresh air hood
R11 AM radio
V1X black vinyl top
V88 bumble bee stripe delete
26 END 26=bigger radiator to go with the axle package I think?

Nice that it's got the tack & air grabber options. Red is nice, black vinyl top also nice...

yep, going to have to go for a drive, dig through this thing in person and verify some stuff.

dave don't forget the camera for us all

IMG_0616_zps4e01dfdd.jpg

IMG_2769_zps6905710c.jpg

IMG_1234_zps1840d9d7.jpg

IMG_6801_zps95397b15.jpg

If I go tomorrow, I'll get better pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the A31 axle come with sure grip?

looks good......I assume they are asking about 9-12k?

There you go...your new shop mascot..lol Nicely optioned Bee. You doing the work, should fetch you a decent profit. Originally a Northern or Southern car? Frame decent?

Good luck Dave.

looks like it could be a decent build...

Attachments

• 69 Super Bee Red #1.jpg
    69 Super Bee Red #1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 69 Super Bee Red #2.jpg
    69 Super Bee Red #2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 416
  • 69 Super Bee Red #4.jpg
    69 Super Bee Red #4.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 69 Super Bee Red #3.jpg
    69 Super Bee Red #3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 69 Super Bee Bucket seat 4 peed console interior rally dash.jpg
    69 Super Bee Bucket seat 4 peed console interior rally dash.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 69 Super Bee Bench seat 727tf column interior rally dash.jpg
    69 Super Bee Bench seat 727tf column interior rally dash.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 738
  • 69 Super Bee Bucket seat 4 peed interior rally dash.jpg
    69 Super Bee Bucket seat 4 peed interior rally dash.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 393
Yes prop, if we pick this one up it will be the first one through the new shop. It will be really hard to not get attached to this one. I'm in love already and I haven't seen it in person yet. My bidness partner saw the car today. Bottom side of the car has been media blasted as well as the engine bay. Trunk floor is done already, car comes with quarter skins. It will need outer wheel houses and trunk floor extensions. And probably some patching in the front fender areas. Nice thing about the Bare blasted belly is we can really see the frame and floor pans well. I'm told it is all really nice and solid.

Curious to see how this plays out Dave. I'm hoping you get this.

Yes prop, if we pick this one up it will be the first one through the new shop. It will be really hard to not get attached to this one. I'm in love already and I haven't seen it in person yet. My bidness partner saw the car today. Bottom side of the car has been media blasted as well as the engine bay. Trunk floor is done already, car comes with quarter skins. It will need outer wheel houses and trunk floor extensions. And probably some patching in the front fender areas. Nice thing about the Bare blasted belly is we can really see the frame and floor pans well. I'm told it is all really nice and solid.

Sweet....Sounds like a real good project. "My name is Dave, and I'm an addict" LOL

Did the A31 axle come with sure grip?

Yes and you are correct. The axle package is why it has a 26" radiator.
Since it's a STL built car, I'd be interested in learning more about the car if you get it.

Nice find. Good luck.

Ok, I can't go see it tomorrow but i will make half the trip tonight and we will be at the location of the car aprox 9AM tomorrow (thurs morning)

I always dig for ownership history on these things because I think it's so interesting, I hope to learn that sort of detail tomorrow. For now, all I know is that it's been store inside for around 20 yrs, which is nice.

Sounds like a great project Dave. Your mind is already pretty much made up that you will be bringing it home isn't it? Might as well pull a trailer when you go to look at it lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back