• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Myself In The Hospital

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
I had chest pain that lasted less than a couple of seconds. I was in the garage and started to gray out if it wasn't for the workbench which is next to the door I may not have made it out of the garage. Falling in there would have resulted in injury. My vision came back but unsteady on my feet. No one was home so I went inside sat down and checked my BP, 190/101 heart rate into the nineties.
The wife came home and took me to a local hospital. Forty hours eight in-room lots of tests and it was found my Potaseum was quite low which can cause a stroke or heart attack. Six hours on IV and several small bags of potassium and so far I'm OK. This is one of those things you never think of until it happens to you. I have no damage to my heart so I guess I bit the bullet for now.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/potassium-and-your-heart

That's dodged a bullet, seriously glad you are ok. You got lucky you got a warning shot across the bow.

WoW!
You're in my thoughts and prayers!
My brother had a mini-stroke about a week ago... out of the blue!
Good think someone was home to take him to the emergency room and is doing better

GLAD YOURE GOOD AUGGIE56!!! Mom had stroke week and a half ago; diabetes, weak heart, not good, home, going through home phys therapy, turned 78 on 3/5. TAKE CARE AUGGIE!!

:eek: Holy crap Auggie i'm very sorry to hear that you are in the hospital :(, but very happy to hear you are doing better now :). Feel better soon, and please if you could keep us updated on how you are doing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Glad to hear you're doing well, potassium is an important element for good health. A good balanced diet usually contains plenty. 440'

I had chest pain that lasted less than a couple of seconds. I was in the garage and started to gray out if it wasn't for the workbench which is next to the door I may not have made it out of the garage. Falling in there would have resulted in injury. My vision came back but unsteady on my feet. No one was home so I went inside sat down and checked my BP, 190/101 heart rate into the nineties.
The wife came home and took me to a local hospital. Forty hours eight in-room lots of tests and it was found my Potaseum was quite low which can cause a stroke or heart attack. Six hours on IV and several small bags of potassium and so far I'm OK. This is one of those things you never think of until it happens to you. I have no damage to my heart so I guess I bit the bullet for now.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/potassium-and-your-heart

Hi Auggie
thanks for telling us this brother!
Hmm, okay man, a little Wake up call for all of us.
Watch your dehydration, lower that BP (Hi BP can be caused by thick blood, dehydration...)
we try to eat 1 banana per day
Keep off salt, chips etc.
Yeah, sounds like dehydration with 6 hours on the EYE-VEE...
Thank you Jesus, not Heart Damage!
God Bless to you and family!
"WE" need you around here man!
super-bee_ski

Four things:
1: Glad you're still with us!
2: Call the Dr's office tomorrow morning, tell them what happened, and make an appointment immediately. They should see you as soon as you can get there.
3: Don't try to "tough it out" next time or your wife might find you dead or near death. Don't do that to your wife.
4: Call 911 and have THEM take you to the hospital next time there is an emergency. You could have died in the car while your wife was driving you to the hospital. Don't do that to your wife.

Four things:
1: Glad you're still with us!
2: Call the Dr's office tomorrow morning, tell them what happened, and make an appointment immediately. They should see you as soon as you can get there.
3: Don't try to "tough it out" next time or your wife might find you dead or near death. Don't do that to your wife.
4: Call 911 and have THEM take you to the hospital next time there is an emergency. You could have died in the car while your wife was driving you to the hospital. Don't do that to your wife.

It's called tombstone courage lol, Many thanks.

Sorry about your episode, glad you are better. The hospital is never any fun. Prayers for you to fully recover. I usually have a banana every morning, I hope that keeps low potassium away. Update us as you can.

I just hope my little heath issue wakes someone up to pay attention to their health.

One thing, I was feeling ill every morning but by late morning it passed this was over several weeks and my GP didn't catch it. Now I feel great now past the bananas.
I get a routine health check every three months because medicare insists on it.

Many Thanks

Glad you’re feeling better!! That BP reading is scary high and hopefully is back to normal.

Glad you dodged the reaper. It's the little things that will sneak up and kill ya....

Auto Transport Service
Back