• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pressure and vapor breaker

that's a newer aftermarket pump. the "hex" attached to the pump has a 1/8" pipe thread. I have one of those pumps. the one I have put out 15psi on a bench test!!!!!!!!!

that's a newer aftermarket pump. the "hex" attached to the pump has a 1/8" pipe thread. I have one of those pumps. the one I have put out 15psi on a bench test!!!!!!!!!
Wow! The spec said 6 min and 8 max. Hoping for 6 ish with the vapor separator installed.

Wow! The spec said 6 min and 8 max. Hoping for 6 ish with the vapor separator installed.
hope you get 6 but be cautious. mine is basically worthless and they don't seem to have a good reputation. I use the carter 6903's but I do some internal reworking.

I'd like to ask a fuel vapor separator question.
I installed the :lowdown:Carter M6903 on my 70 440 6bbl Roadrunner and it is working fine.
At the same time I installed the Promax braided lower and upper fuel lines.
I have removed the vapor separator from the system, plugging the return line for now. I did this because the lower Promax line screws straight into the outlet of the fuel pump and I haven't tried to figure out how to plumb the vapor separator in.
Is there any reason why I HAVE TO or SHOULD find a way to reintroduce the vapor separator?
Thanks!

I'd like to ask a fuel vapor separator question.
I installed the :lowdown:Carter M6903 on my 70 440 6bbl Roadrunner and it is working fine.
At the same time I installed the Promax braided lower and upper fuel lines.
I have removed the vapor separator from the system, plugging the return line for now. I did this because the lower Promax line screws straight into the outlet of the fuel pump and I haven't tried to figure out how to plumb the vapor separator in.
Is there any reason why I HAVE TO or SHOULD find a way to reintroduce the vapor separator?
Thanks!
the vapor separator will eliminate vapor lock in hot weather and take pressure off the needle and seats after the engine is shut off.

hope you get 6 but be cautious. mine is basically worthless and they don't seem to have a good reputation. I use the carter 6903's but I do some internal reworking.

Curious what modification you make to the carter pump internally and what the goal is?

Auto Transport Service
Back