• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gasoline Question

metaldad

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
To those learned ones.......... please enlighten me. getting time to fire up the 'vert and enjoy, especially now, during the ongoing crisis. would already done so, but every nice day, i get side tracked.
regular gas is cheap, because no one is buying.
i use premium, im sure there is way less usage - which would mean old(?) gas at the station. dont know which station would have a higher turn over, i generally use the shell down the street. any worries, about filling with 'old' premium gas, which around here, is ethanol laced?
add some magic additive to the tank? i do lay her up, with marine stabil

Check this site Puregas.com, it lists were ethanol free gas is sold. Maybe something is close to you.

At this point I wouldn't be to concerned with say maybe a month old gas. Put some in and run it out. Happy Cruising.

Check this site Puregas.com, it lists were ethanol free gas is sold. Maybe something is close to you.
thank you, ive seen that site, none close. im in du page. de kalb, 50 miles, would be the closest . and casey's, is usually shell gas, jah?

Yeah the storage isn't that long yet
sales are down, but the tanks are probably full
so the moisture shouldn't be all that bad,
even with the Ethanol laced BS
(most any stations have water filters/separators too)
start worrying after like 6 months of no activity

some Sta-bil will help too, good to go for a year or so

You might be surprised at how many use premium gas....and you could ask the station when was the last time they got a truck in but I wouldn't be afraid of month old gas. You could also add some stabilizer to it. I double dose mine with marine Sta-Bil and it seems to help it last much longer. I let my saw set up for over 2 years....3 probably. The tank didn't look too good inside so I cleaned it out and it fired up with fresh mix. It was hard to start but a shot of starter fluid helped out with that. It even idled good once it was warmed up.

Kankakee is closest to me, but also there’s some at the Joliet airport. You have to bring cans to the airport but there’s av leaded available too.

Kankakee is closest to me, but also there’s some at the Joliet airport. You have to bring cans to the airport but there’s av leaded available too.
you can get on the air field property?
du page airport, bimbette on the phone said no problem, pull up to the pump. wrong! cant get on the property

You might be surprised at how many use premium gas....and you could ask the station when was the last time they got a truck in but I wouldn't be afraid of month old gas. You could also add some stabilizer to it. I double dose mine with marine Sta-Bil and it seems to help it last much longer. I let my saw set up for over 2 years....3 probably. The tank didn't look too good inside so I cleaned it out and it fired up with fresh mix. It was hard to start but a shot of starter fluid helped out with that. It even idled good once it was warmed up.
im not going to shoot starter fluid on her.
actually ran a pos 77 sunbird with a frozen fuel line, for a few minutes on spritz. till it back fired, shot flames

also would hate to burn 1/2 a tank, for a net gain of a 1/4 tank.
i guess i could throw my jugs in the trunk.
but, theyre full of regular, stabiled, bought when this bs crisis started, just in case

Personally, I would not be concerned about it. Gas sits in my Road Runner for 6 months and I have no problem when I fire her up.

Check a Boat Marina, boat storage yard. Good for non Ethanol and full leaded fuel.

I’ve has summer cars, winter cars, boats, lawn mowers, snowblower, rvs, race cars etc. I never put anything in the tanks in the off season or ever had issues with gas when it came time to start them back up.

I’m in Du page county neighbor ! We’re stuck with the **** ethanol. I use Sea foam in all my vehicles plus good gas like shell.

Holy crap! How can there be a gas station in San Diego that sells 100 octane, ethanol free gas? I gotta check this out! Thanks!

thank you, ive seen that site, none close. im in du page. de kalb, 50 miles, would be the closest . and casey's, is usually shell gas, jah?
How many FBBO members know where this is ??? :eek:

This is Du page or De kalb ?
I can tell you how to get to both and Casey’s !

How many FBBO members know where this is ??? :eek:

LOL...I know where these airports are at... suburbs around Chicago mainly south, southwest, and west.
Haywire... when I drive from Bloomington to Joliet I stop at the Gas City at corner of Rt59 and Black Rd and get racing gas there. In case you did not know they sold it.

I’ve has summer cars, winter cars, boats, lawn mowers, snowblower, rvs, race cars etc. I never put anything in the tanks in the off season or ever had issues with gas when it came time to start them back up.
you must not have any ethanol laced crap?

Auto Transport Service
Back