• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

generally speaking.......when did you stop giving a F#%K?

Well, "generally speaking", I never have and never will. That's not the way I roll.

Well, "generally speaking", I never have and never will. That's not the way I roll.
IMG_5376.gif
:lol: One day at a time.

Thanks for bumping this thread....... I think I caught myself starting to give a phuck again

I don't look forward to getting where you guys are at and I don't mean that with any disrespect.
It bothers me a bit to see others suffer or lose their zest for life.
I’ve dealt with loss. Most of us have. I can’t shut off how I feel or what I’m thinking. I still care. I don't see a reason to change. Sometimes “caring” brings disappointment and sadness but to me, that is a small price to pay.
I thought before….if I were to be punished by losing one of my senses, I don’t know which would be the worst to go without. Sight possibly, followed by hearing.

Last edited:
It bothers me a bit to see others suffer or lost their zest for life.
I’ve dealt with loss. Most of us have. I can’t shut off how I feel or what I’m thinking. I still care. I do t see a reason to change. Sometimes “caring” brings disappointment and sadness but to me, that is a small price to pay.
I thought before….if I were to be punished by losing one of my senses, I don’t know which would be the worst to go without. Taste, maybe? I know I’d be thinner if I only ate to stay alive.
I still care about 'certain' things while other stuff just doesn't matter as much like if the grass needs mowing, I'll mow it but if I don't feel like edging it, fork it. The X used to always drop 'hints' about how nice the yard would look if it was mowed etc or ask if I was going to mow today. Got to where even if I had planned on mowing, I wouldn't do it after her saying that or asking. Ya just get tired of certain things in life after 25 years of nag nag nag.....

With Thanksgiving tomarrow it kinda puts a different spin on this thread.
I still do ( give a f#%k ) couple times in life I am sure I didn't. But for the most part I do.
Mainly family and friends and the little kids in this world that don't have a chance at a decent life.
Anyhow , I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving tomarrow.

Thanks for bumping this thread....... I think I caught myself starting to give a phuck again
I just ran across this thread. Sorry you had a myocardial infarction at 51. I will not be contributing to increasing your cholesterol and fat levels by providing a sinful sausage and pepper sandwich at Carlisle. I will try to find an organic spinach & romaine salad, fat free balsamic dressing with a touch of Himalayan pink salt and Shitake mushrooms.

It is the least I can do.

I need you around for my stupid paint questions.

I just ran across this thread. Sorry you had a myocardial infarction at 51. I will not be contributing to increasing your cholesterol and fat levels by providing a sinful sausage and pepper sandwich at Carlisle. I will try to find an organic spinach & romaine salad, fat free balsamic dressing with a touch of Himalayan pink salt and Shitake mushrooms.

It is the least I can do.

I need you around for my stupid paint questions.
:rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

2020 was a point when things I cared deeply about and believed strongly in went to the wayside. After that point in our history I called it a day and shut myself out from everything outside of my wife, friends and day to day stuff. I watch and read about only sports - nothing else. As far as the rest of the country, the world - It’s all blacked out. I’m done caring about things I can do absolutely nothing about. I’ve had my health issues with a major heart attack and my wife is now on her 2nd time around with cancer. Life is now a smaller universe for me and I’m more content that way.

Ah yes, how many do you have to give? the age old question! It does not matter the age you ask it, but the answer or reason may depend on that age!
I see lots of comments about getting "old" and then running out of them.
In my youth, it was a middle aged cliche, country songs were written to the effect, pop songs, a general attitude developed. It was "cool" to not have any to give.
The internet gave way to forum battles of extreme intellect and wit about who had less to give, a true competition! One-up-manship at it's finest! of course, the internet is owned by 14 year olds so that was to be expected.

The concept is subjective! Releasing all care for everything is not healthy and will not make your life improve.

For me, up to age 12, I was a social non-participant that went to school and then farmed. At 13, I still went to school and farmed, but had realized the world was bigger than home, the school bus, and the classroom/playground and that maybe I wanted to do something else. I was wrong, but by 15 I realized that AND that it was simply impossible to continue farming as we had been so the choice was not mine to make.
About this time I also realized a section of my classmates(small town, the entire school district K-12 was like 700 kids) was irrefutably stupid as a genetic trait, and while most were harmless and polite a select few were spoiled children. This rapidly lead to me not having any to give: about peer pressure, my "place" in the social order of a school, what poor leaders in the school thought or told me, and in general what piss poor, no moral fiber, pointless noise makers had to say about me, my life, my friends, my hobbies, whatever. People that mattered to me, mattered- the rest were filler.
This is not to say I did not respect others, more that it was now earned, whereas before it was simply mandated I respect my classmates by authority figures. Already by that point I had decided everyone gets a fair shot to be a normal person, they can have an opinion and I will respect it and them. Unless it is wrong. Then I will make an effort to explain why they are wrong in a civil manner. The ones that were adamant in their idiocy, were ignored and lost respect. Not that I was rude, but their immovable stance on a wrong opinion earned them nothing in my mind. Myself, I was open to others opinions, and if they convinced me I was wrong, I graciously accepted that. That is how I bonded with my small group of friends through school.
I also stopped having any to give when people earned a reaction. And by that I mean a rude reaction, a condescending one, a dismissal, or potentially a hostile one. The last one rarely came up, it helped being a lifelong manual labor farmer, by the time I was 17 I could probably have killed someone with one punch(I was lifting K cars off the ground by then) so the a55hats of school left me and mine alone.

So by graduation, probably the year before really- I was me, no one was going to tell me otherwise, and I was going to make my place in the world by living as I thought was right by what I believed through my observations thus far, my examination of the gospel, and what my parents had taught me about respect and responsibility.
I have spent the last 26 years that way. My career has moved forward. No *** kissing, that is not me. No BS, no lies, no throwing people under the bus. Respect given, truth told(the truth will set you free) and I have watched the fools trying to take shortcuts have their lives blow up in their face.
I live the way that gives me pride in my own actions, knowing I am not doing things at the expense of another, knowing everyone has been given a fair shot and how I respond is what they earned.

So I have lots to give, where they are earned, where I want to give them, who I want to give them to, at my discretion. I may not be rude to an idiot, but they will not be given anything besides kindness unless they earn a reaction from me of their own accord. In modern times, because we have to label everything, youngsters refer to this as "sigma male" because they are simple and find anyone that can think without a pocket screen with social media on it some sort of anomoly. Labels and putting people in categories is nonsense. People have to earn their reputation as an individual. That is also how they earn one of my fucks.

Sorry not sorry for the wall of text lol.

It bothers me a bit to see others suffer or lose their zest for life.
I’ve dealt with loss. Most of us have. I can’t shut off how I feel or what I’m thinking. I still care. I do t see a reason to change. Sometimes “caring” brings disappointment and sadness but to me, that is a small price to pay.
I thought before….if I were to be punished by losing one of my senses, I don’t know which would be the worst to go without. Taste, maybe? I know I’d be thinner if I only ate to stay alive.
Vision, duh. How would you drive your Mopar?
I guess you could still do righteous burnouts.

Ah yes, how many do you have to give? the age old question! It does not matter the age you ask it, but the answer or reason may depend on that age!
I see lots of comments about getting "old" and then running out of them.
In my youth, it was a middle aged cliche, country songs were written to the effect, pop songs, a general attitude developed. It was "cool" to not have any to give.
The internet gave way to forum battles of extreme intellect and wit about who had less to give, a true competition! One-up-manship at it's finest! of course, the internet is owned by 14 year olds so that was to be expected.

The concept is subjective! Releasing all care for everything is not healthy and will not make your life improve.

For me, up to age 12, I was a social non-participant that went to school and then farmed. At 13, I still went to school and farmed, but had realized the world was bigger than home, the school bus, and the classroom/playground and that maybe I wanted to do something else. I was wrong, but by 15 I realized that AND that it was simply impossible to continue farming as we had been so the choice was not mine to make.
About this time I also realized a section of my classmates(small town, the entire school district K-12 was like 700 kids) was irrefutably stupid as a genetic trait, and while most were harmless and polite a select few were spoiled children. This rapidly lead to me not having any to give: about peer pressure, my "place" in the social order of a school, what poor leaders in the school thought or told me, and in general what piss poor, no moral fiber, pointless noise makers had to say about me, my life, my friends, my hobbies, whatever. People that mattered to me, mattered- the rest were filler.
This is not to say I did not respect others, more that it was now earned, whereas before it was simply mandated I respect my classmates by authority figures. Already by that point I had decided everyone gets a fair shot to be a normal person, they can have an opinion and I will respect it and them. Unless it is wrong. Then I will make an effort to explain why they are wrong in a civil manner. The ones that were adamant in their idiocy, were ignored and lost respect. Not that I was rude, but their immovable stance on a wrong opinion earned them nothing in my mind. Myself, I was open to others opinions, and if they convinced me I was wrong, I graciously accepted that. That is how I bonded with my small group of friends through school.
I also stopped having any to give when people earned a reaction. And by that I mean a rude reaction, a condescending one, a dismissal, or potentially a hostile one. The last one rarely came up, it helped being a lifelong manual labor farmer, by the time I was 17 I could probably have killed someone with one punch(I was lifting K cars off the ground by then) so the a55hats of school left me and mine alone.

So by graduation, probably the year before really- I was me, no one was going to tell me otherwise, and I was going to make my place in the world by living as I thought was right by what I believed through my observations thus far, my examination of the gospel, and what my parents had taught me about respect and responsibility.
I have spent the last 26 years that way. My career has moved forward. No *** kissing, that is not me. No BS, no lies, no throwing people under the bus. Respect given, truth told(the truth will set you free) and I have watched the fools trying to take shortcuts have their lives blow up in their face.
I live the way that gives me pride in my own actions, knowing I am not doing things at the expense of another, knowing everyone has been given a fair shot and how I respond is what they earned.

So I have lots to give, where they are earned, where I want to give them, who I want to give them to, at my discretion. I may not be rude to an idiot, but they will not be given anything besides kindness unless they earn a reaction from me of their own accord. In modern times, because we have to label everything, youngsters refer to this as "sigma male" because they are simple and find anyone that can think without a pocket screen with social media on it some sort of anomoly. Labels and putting people in categories is nonsense. People have to earn their reputation as an individual. That is also how they earn one of my fucks.

Sorry not sorry for the wall of text lol.
Wow - I didn’t know Packer fans could go that deep.. Lol

Sorry my friend I’m just kidding - as I noted earlier my “smaller universe” is heavily weighted toward sports - I wouldn’t even know if you’re a Packer fan or not - it’s just that my hometown is Mpls and the friendly rivary with Wisconsinites prevails. I did enjoy your post.

Nothing has changed in 5 years on the give a f front.... other than a Son with Thyroid Cancer, my best fishing buddy has cancer now and it's still juggling act. But as my signature says...

I get it Mark, I really do but I can’t seem to turn the switch off except at work.

Wow - I didn’t know Packer fans could go that deep.. Lol

Sorry my friend I’m just kidding - as I noted earlier my “smaller universe” is heavily weighted toward sports - I wouldn’t even know if you’re a Packer fan or not - it’s just that my hometown is Mpls and the friendly rivary with Wisconsinites prevails. I did enjoy your post.
Hey it could be worse, you could be a Bears fan! :)

Your smaller universe is completely acceptable. Each has to decide how much they want to be involved with the crazyness in the world right now, and that choice should revolve around what is important to you and yours. Everyone needs to step back for their own mental health as it is constantly attacked now days. Priorities.

Your don't give a f --k is because after every you have done, been doing could have been gone in a minute. You stopped and looked and said to yourself wtf. I have spent years through pain, hate and love. I had to show and prove you could do it. But to be all gone including yourself that's just a rip off. I'm glad your doing better and you are still piling up all the good things you do. The only to say is watch yourself because nobody can replace you and all the things you have done. Big or small you have done it your way. Take your meds and watch your weight etc. But not giving a f--k only tells yourself you have come to terms with everything. Oh second thing has the foreman got the release papers so you can go to the shop and give a f--k about those mopars your building?.

Auto Transport Service
Back