• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Goddess heart surgery

:lol: Spa day for the Goddess was a success, now I need to let the mess dry

0BB72ED7-475B-4ADF-9DFA-BC358731FF03.jpeg

FD993A5E-A430-492E-A84B-4EB5B84E03E6.jpeg

3BC920BE-FAEC-4FE9-A57A-F9B13C3C543D.jpeg

5D44910C-941D-4648-92EE-085615903F32.jpeg

08CDA1FF-8A98-434C-B279-7B9232976DBD.jpeg

image.jpg

Sorry if I missed it earlier, are you going to leave the patina? The Golden Goddess appears to have good bones…

I have a friend that’s done a couple patina builds, people just love them.

I repainted the engine bay several years ago because it was awful, I think it say outside for 20 years without a hood, and I repainted all the suspension parts.

I’m not going to repaint the entire car, it looks good enough, just some usual rust, doer dings, and whisky dents

Being a big fan of the 70s, I’d like to put an a12 style hood on it, and after seeing @Chongo 68 s car, it gave me an idea. Instead of putting a vinyl top back on, I’m going 70s with it, but as much as his, a little more subtle like this ca. Gold and black, endless lines and lace on the roof, reverse on the hood. And then I’ll scuff it a little to match the rest.

Number Nazi resto warriors are ok. But I like things different, I love the past when people made these cars family, and did what they wanted!

2FE76AC7-70F6-4C44-85B2-980B69AEEAC8.jpeg

7980AA7E-AE97-4236-AD37-AD8BD5C478BF.png

CA8BAEAB-2E63-409E-B451-5FD9BFFD8FAA.jpeg

Hell yea! It will be a throwback to the good old days…

I have seen Chongo’s car in person, the flake, panel paint and asymmetric designs are really well done.

Can’t believe I missed this thread on the Golden Goddess! Guess I have been distracted with snowmobiling hee-hee…nice work and thank you for sharing! Car is so bad ***!!!

Alright, question time. I have these awesome call custom valve covers. The generic grommet I gave on my generic pvc sucks. It doesn’t seal great, it’s loose and sloppy. Is there better?

8271B1D5-E68A-4A10-9287-A9B9F9FCBB81.jpeg

4CEE1948-335A-4F47-BCEC-2E4FF57913BD.jpeg

89B9819B-DAA6-4F3B-8018-07A342DD00B0.jpeg

Do you have an auto parts store with a HELP section?
Several stores out here do. It is a wall of products from Dorman and other manufacturers. Grommets, brackets, springs, clips, clamps, nuts-bolts-specialty washers, all sorts of oddball stuff. I've picked grommets from the wall for weird applications.

I repainted the engine bay several years ago because it was awful, I think it say outside for 20 years without a hood, and I repainted all the suspension parts.

I’m not going to repaint the entire car, it looks good enough, just some usual rust, doer dings, and whisky dents

Being a big fan of the 70s, I’d like to put an a12 style hood on it, and after seeing @Chongo 68 s car, it gave me an idea. Instead of putting a vinyl top back on, I’m going 70s with it, but as much as his, a little more subtle like this ca. Gold and black, endless lines and lace on the roof, reverse on the hood. And then I’ll scuff it a little to match the rest.

Number Nazi resto warriors are ok. But I like things different, I love the past when people made these cars family, and did what they wanted!

View attachment 1418270

View attachment 1418271

View attachment 1418272
I did several jobs similar to those ,loved them at the time. Still trying to remember what I was smokin'. Customers were happy though ,and thats what counts.

It's always fun to see someone going through some of the fun stuff we've all been through before for
the first time, eh? Especially someone as well-suited for the site who has been a positive contributor!
Does an old heart good to see, honestly.

@Black_Sheep
Damn, give a fella a little heads up before you go throwing that stuff up, will ya?
#acidflashbacks
:eek::lol:

I was trying to wait to order the headers, but stock dwindling and I don’t want to get stuck in a back order purgatory. This may seem like a dumb question, but for the collector gaskets, do I order the size of the collector in the header, 3”, or the the size of the collector on the exhaust, 2.5”?

I was trying to wait to order the headers, but stock dwindling and I don’t want to get stuck in a back order purgatory. This may seem like a dumb question, but for the collector gaskets, do I order the size of the collector in the header, 3”, or the the size of the collector on the exhaust, 2.5”?

Size for the collectors, I assume you have or will have reducers to mate the collector to the exhaust pipe…

Auto Transport Service
Back