• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good 727 questions

Moose440

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 440 .40 over forged pistons with a 574. Life cam and a 1.6 ration rocker. 440 source heads with all the right stuff in them for that can. Motor is 10-4.8-1 compression and my car is around 4 k I have 355. In the rear good drive shaft but my transmission is leaking from everywhere including pump seal. What is a good trans to get for it and is there another trans with overdrive that will work and bolt up to the 440. And what size converter do you guys think.

If you have 727 that is leaking in multiple places, if it's not overfilled, find somebody that really knows 727's to check your seals.

Lupfer's Transmission
1050 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle Pa. 17013
(717) 249-4903

Been in business for many, many years. Rebuilt my pushbutton 727 in a couple of days at a very reasonable price. Just over an hour away from you.

Pick a convertor company that you like such as PTC, Coan, etc. Give them your specs and have them build it to your specs for your car. You will get 100 different answers from everyone on here.

Find some one to correct the leaks. I've built many, many 727's over the years. Only had 1 that had front leak that would not stop. I had it out 4 times in one week, eventually discovered that the front pump bore in the case was egg shaped. I replaced the case and never had the problem again.
Convertors are like cams, you almost need to try a few different ones. I suggest a top quality convertor company, my current convertor is a Lupo Dynamic 9/12. It is excellent. In the past I have used numerous Turbo Action and a Coan. Look at PTC, Coan, A&A, Lupo Dynamic, Turbo Action are all ones to consider.

Auto Transport Service
Back