• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got some color in the engine bay

Is there any more progress on the paint job to report?

Is there any more progress on the paint job to report?
Short answer is no.
I actually ran out of paint . I had 4 cups of paint mixed when my compressor failed.
I'll post the entire ordeal thus far when I have a minute.
In the meantime, my job is trying to kill me so I haven't had any spare energy.

IMG_20200910_134958_634.jpg

Short answer is no.
I actually ran out of paint . I had 4 cups of paint mixed when my compressor failed.

View attachment 1000447
—-
Oops that was a couple of tough breaks. Damn compressors fail at the worst times but that stuff happens. When I sprayed my Dart my power went out for almost 2 hours. Garage went pitch black and I got my right leg stuck to the right quarter panel while trying to feel my way out of my poly paint booth. The good thing is that you were still at the base coat stage.

Short answer is no.

View attachment 1000447

I had no idea you did flooring.

—-
Same picture as #54 but in colour it looks like? Amazing how the colour changes with the clear.
Yes, same picture.
I really like the color without the clear on it.
It got me thinking about a matte clear, but I think it will still change the color.

Yes, same picture.
I really like the color without the clear on it.
It got me thinking about a matte clear, but I think it will still change the color.
—-
Either clear will likely change the colour but your engine compartment is done in gloss already, so I’d bet you’re going with gloss. Will be nice to see all finished.

Are you using a adhesion promoter? Sounds like you didn't clear it yet. It's a metallic right?
—-
The products I used to use had an allowance of usually up to 48 hours for good chemical adhesion. Longer than that it was recommended to topcoat the base.

Hopefully I'll finish next weekend. It's a metallic red. I have sealer + 3 coats right now. Its been dry for a couple weeks now. It's scuffed and I'll put another coat if color and then clear.

Color pictures tomorrow!

Auto Transport Service
Back