• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grandson didn’t see the humor in my joke

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
Caught my grandson not paying attention yesterday, as I was taking him to his karate class, we came up on a truck being towed and I yelled look out. He’s still pissed off today.
91829D58-F43F-4772-BE6B-9FCE1E5E14D3.jpeg

Managing his anger about it is a great lesson in self control. His sensei should thank you.
IMG_3605.jpeg

Saw some guy do that to his sleeping wife on one of those funniest video shows. It was funny, but some took it as mean.

We were coming back from Duval St in Key West, back in college, in my Satellite wagon. Three across the front bench; four or five across the rear seat; another four or five in the cargo area. I saw in the mirror that Dave, center of the back seat, had passed out cold. I motioned for the guy next to me - Pat - to lean in. Told him I'm gonna hand-count one, two, three, and slam on the brakes. When I do, scream bloody murder. Pass it around the car. He did, we got to a spot that was empty (it was about 3am), Pat turned around with his camera (this was mid-90s, no phone cameras yet), and waited. I counted, slammed on the brakes, and everyone screamed.

To this day, Pat has an end table with four photos epoxied into it.

One - Dave, peacefully asleep, head on Amy's shoulder.
Two - Dave, same position, eyes wide open like saucers
Three - Dave, sitting bolt upright, eyes even wider, mouth open in a scream
Four - Dave, blurry and out of focus, as his face smacks into Pat's camera.

Amy - now Pat's wife - HATES that table...but she still giggles when she looks at it.

Well done!! Now, just watch your back. Payback can be a bitch!!! LOL.

A friend of mine told me of a similar prank his dad played on one of his buddies. They were travelling at night, and the buddy had fallen asleep. A wild turkey flew up and hit the passenger side windshield, cracking it and leaving blood and guts on it. The loud bang woke the sleeping passenger up. My friend's dad shouted, " I hit a kid on a bicycle, and I'm not going back! ". The other guy was awake for the rest of the trip.

Last edited:
Had the opportunity to do that to both my 1st and 2nd wife but didn't because I like to eat! But my 1st wife hated to go fast. One day in around 81-82 we were going to Louisiana using the 70 383 Challenger with freshly installed 2.94 gears. About 1/2 way to Lake Charles from Houston, she fell asleep. We were in an open area of I-10 with very little traffic (find that nowadays) so the hammer got dropped. She woke up about 20 minutes later and looked around thinking that we were going kinda fast and she asked how fast we were going. Oh not too fast so she leaned over to look and couldn't see the needle so she leaned over a bit more and still couldn't see the needle. She was pretty close to me on the 3rd lean and saw it past the 120 mark and liked to freaked out lol. I'm sure I made it worse when I started laughing.

Our running gag at hunting camp is to 'Buck' anyone that falls asleep in the rig whilst coming or going. The routine is for the driver to hit the brakes, and everyone awake yells 'Buck!' and throws their door open. The entertainment is to see how fast the sleeper gets out and gets loaded, and then how long to figure out he's the only one out of the truck. Accomplished Buckers will perform this maneuver in the middle of a stream or swamp for maximum entertainment value.

Along the lines of @Cranky 's post, when I rode the Slingshot up to Canada, I set the speedo to KPH to avoid speeding and the dreaded impoundment if you're too far over the limit. The wife flew into Calgary where I picked her up. We were cruising an empty country road when she looked over and saw the needle at 110 (about 70 MPH). She shouted, 'you're doing 110!' I shouted back, 'so are you!' Good times!

Well done!! Now, just watch your back. Payback can be a bitch!!! LOL.
This was back in the '90s.

He *tried* to get some of us back in the morning (we were camping)...but everyone could hear him getting up, since we were all in tents, and he got nowhere. We just made tons of noise to aggravate his hangover even more, and he shuffled off to the shower house.

A friend of mine told me of a similar prank his dad played in one of his buddies. They were travelling at night, and the buddy had fallen asleep. A wild turkey flew up and hit the passenger side windshield, cracking it and leaving blood and guts on it. The loud bang woke the sleeping passenger up. My friend's dad shouted, " I hit a kid on a bicycle, and I'm not going back! ". The other guy was awake for the rest of the trip.
:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back