• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX value

vpmopar

Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
After 30 plus years of ownership. I think it's time to sell my 1971 Plymouth GTX. When I bought it, it was pretty much complete but no motor or trans. Back then it was just a used car. I put a 1972 [I think] 440 that I rebuilt and through the years improved upon. It has Edelbrock aluminum heads and a larger cam, can't remember the specs but the cam card in garage. Here is the wrinkle. I do not have the fender tag nor the build sheet. When I replaced the carpet, the floors were Sassygrass green as well as the inside of the trunk, so I assumed that was the original color. The air grabber hood was intact and all the vacuum lines and switch were present. The vin is RS23Uxxxxxxxx. It is not a perfect car, but it presents well. I am looking for some input as to the value. The interior was redone a few years ago and still looks nice. Rally dash with Tach.

DC400005.JPG

DC400006.JPG

DC400007.JPG

DC400011.JPG

Sorry, I overlooked that. It is an automatic 727. Car has bucket seats and console. It has an 8 3/4 rear end with a limited slip and 3:91 gears.

After 30 plus years of ownership. I think it's time to sell my 1971 Plymouth GTX. When I bought it, it was pretty much complete but no motor or trans. Back then it was just a used car. I put a 1972 [I think] 440 that I rebuilt and through the years improved upon. It has Edelbrock aluminum heads and a larger cam, can't remember the specs but the cam card in garage. Here is the wrinkle. I do not have the fender tag nor the build sheet. When I replaced the carpet, the floors were Sassygrass green as well as the inside of the trunk, so I assumed that was the original color. The air grabber hood was intact and all the vacuum lines and switch were present. The vin is RS23Uxxxxxxxx. It is not a perfect car, but it presents well. I am looking for some input as to the value. The interior was redone a few years ago and still looks nice. Rally dash with Tach.

View attachment 1369133

View attachment 1369134

View attachment 1369136

View attachment 1369138
Nice car. My best friend when were kids had the same color scheme on his 70 GTX. He passed away not long ago. I hope his GTX is still running

This site says $37K - $63, 250 for "excellent" condition.

Your car looks great with the high impact color, wing, Air Grabber, etc... But the non-numbers engine, missing fender tag and to a lesser extent, the broadcast sheet is going to be a dealbreaker for a lot of potential buyers.

Auction Results

Auto Transport Service
Back