• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess what I found in a trash can by the side of the road? 5-17-21 edition

YY1

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Slash LP.jpg

OK, technically not me, but my brother in law did.

It's the "Slash" model.

It's got a built in tuner in the bridge pickup housing and it's pretty.
The picture actually doesn't do it justice.
it's got a nice photo flame (I'm assuming) type grain, and the sides and back are a cherry wood red color.

It does have some battle scars, like someone got mad at it a few times, and a couple of the machine heads act like they're almost stripped.

I worked them a bit and they're better but still frustrating, and I put on a new high E and graphited the nut.

Plays pretty good.

Cool!! Found a pair of Fisher SR 314 speakers out on the street one day and they sound much better than the old Kenwoods I had on my KR 5150 (71 model). I know Fisher doesn't have that good of a reputation but found these probably 20 years ago. Sometimes I have to sit back and think about when things happened. Been retired for 15 years now and it seems like that happened just a couple of years ago lol.

Old, old Fisher is "the bomb".

Called 'The Fisher".

1970's and into the 80's has a real strong following as well.

I've found the 80's had 3 different shades of Fisher- real nice, crap, and, looked like crap but wasn't bad.

I've got several late model Epi's and for an entry level axe they play pretty dang good.

I've taken quite a a shine to my $100 SG.

This one retails for $250 which is a premium over the non LTD edition ones.

...but free is pretty cool.

Last edited:
I knocked on the door of the house where they were in front of and they said the previous owner left them and they didn't even have a stereo system.....so out they went.

:DNice trash find.someone trashed the slash.

Found this Sunday in trash all perfect but the hanging bars had rusted ends I found some pipe in scrap pile and perfect giving it a coat of paint and one less thing I got to buy now!
KIMG2108.JPG

Then there was this a week ago ! Very minor repairs and it runs and mows great and moves cars around the yard with no issues!
I love trash picking
KIMG2104.JPG

I’ve found a lot of tools laying in or along the road, even a microscope in the box in the past years but never a guitar.

Auto Transport Service
Back